HP 530 LInux Mouse Cursor Problem

carterrk@gmail.com

I've inherited a three year old HP 530 that I want to install Linux on.

I've tried about a dozen distros with various window managers, and they all have the same problem: Once in a while, the mouse cursor will jump to a different part of the screen for no apparent reason.

Has anyone else experienced this, and come up with a solution or work-around?

Rick Carter

Sjouke Burry

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've inherited a three year old HP 530 that I want to install Linux
> on.
>
> I've tried about a dozen distros with various window managers, and
> they all have the same problem: Once in a while, the mouse cursor
> will jump to a different part of the screen for no apparent reason.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this, and come up with a solution or
> work-around?
>
> Rick Carter

Each time that happened to me, I found some fluf around the
lED/sensor on the bottom of the mouse.
Removed it, and back to normal operations.

carterrk@gmail.com

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:21:43 PM UTC-4, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> Each time that happened to me, I found some fluf around the
> lED/sensor on the bottom of the mouse.
> Removed it, and back to normal operations.

Well, I don't think that's my situation. I'm using the built-in trackpad and mouse buttons. I guess I should have said that.

HP 530 LInux Mouse Cursor Problem Rick Carter HP 2 12-24-2013 06:07 PM
Mouse and cursor problem - odd yesboss Tablet PC 2 08-10-2007 11:04 AM
Mouse Cursor Makes Large Jumps Shel Dell 3 08-09-2005 06:19 PM
Mouse Cursor Problem Ed Farrow Nvidia 0 08-14-2004 06:32 PM
Re: Mouse Cursor dissapears after reboot Frans Groot Gigabyte 2 07-26-2003 02:47 AM