HP 6200N video question

Chet

I have a HP 6200N desktop, purchased it new in the fall of 07, recently
It has been acting up, not sure, But I have a feeling it might be the
video card, every now and then the monitor changes tints from the normal
white to a slight orange and and maybe a very light green tint, when
this happens it try to correct itself going from the orange & green *
back to normal, it takes a minute or so, but eventually it will get back
to normal, can this be the video card, there are times when on the net I
am typing, and when i am done typing I look at the screen and it did not
complete what I typed, it takes a few seconds then the type completes
and the cursor sometimes disappears and comes back. any suggestions on a
video card, I do not play games but show photos and mess with cad programs.

thanks
Chet
PS Are there any benchmark programs that might see is the video card.

Junior Member
Location: Leeds, UK

Could be the video card, could be the monitor, could be the main board. You need to start swapping parts out one by one. First I'd try a new monitor on the existing video card, see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, it isn't the monitor.. move on to the video card... etc.