Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

HP 9000 / 300 - 375

 
 
supervinx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi to all in this NG
I rescued an HP 9000 / 300 with a label "Upgraded to 375".
I have no HIL keyboard.
I connected it to an external monitor an saw bootup messages, but it
requested kbd intervention.
I tried to connect through the RS-232 port, but couldn't obtain console
access, no activity. Of course, the settings were the usual ones

Now the questions:
1) There's a way to abilitate console access through the RS-232 port
without modifying PROM data ? As I stated, no kbd The processor board,
only have a set of jumpers on the front.
2) There is an adapter HIL-PS/2 or HIL-DIN ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rick Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2010, 11:37 PM
supervinx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi to all in this NG
> I rescued an HP 9000 / 300 with a label "Upgraded to 375".
> I have no HIL keyboard.
> I connected it to an external monitor an saw bootup messages, but it
> requested kbd intervention.
> I tried to connect through the RS-232 port, but couldn't obtain console
> access, no activity. Of course, the settings were the usual ones


> Now the questions:
> 1) There's a way to abilitate console access through the RS-232 port
> without modifying PROM data ? As I stated, no kbd The processor board,
> only have a set of jumpers on the front.


I don't recall if the 300 series could do this, but the 700 series, if
you disconnected the graphics card (as in removed it from the chassis)
the console would revert to the RS-232 port.

> 2) There is an adapter HIL-PS/2 or HIL-DIN ?


There were HIL to PS2 converters, finding one now might be more
difficult than finding an HIL keyboard

rick jones
--
portable adj, code that compiles under more than one compiler
these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
supervinx
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2010, 05:42 AM
> I don't recall if the 300 series could do this, but the 700 series, if
> you disconnected the graphics card (as in removed it from the chassis)
> the console would revert to the RS-232 port.

Yes, I own some 700 and they works so.
This old iron, instead, still request kbd intervention. The service
manual says I can set the PROM, having a KBD, of course
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ULTRA 10 + SCSI card 375-0005? gueb Sun Hardware 1 11-05-2004 05:11 PM
WTB: Ultra 5/10 Motherboards 375-0115 Nicholas Geisler Sun Hardware 0 11-02-2004 07:45 PM
Toshiba Portege 3480CT P3 600MHz 12GB 192MB superslim $375. only1 hour left Mel Laptops 0 10-24-2004 12:30 AM
Sun cPCI 375-0118 and 501-5502 has compatable issue with SF3800? Solar Sun Hardware 0 09-14-2004 08:13 PM
FS HP Omnibook XE3(P3-850)375 HAC Laptops 0 05-25-2004 11:12 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment