Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

HP / Compaq have succeeded !!

 
 
VmnEjG
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone !

I have an motherboard from a Compaq Presario Desktop PC 7EL7000T-131. I have
tryed to find a manual or some information regarding the "LED-Connectors" on
this
MOBO. Can anybody help or know an URL for this ?!.

I would be so happy, send an ice-cream and a couple of shorts !!.

It really are amazing how hard it is to find drivers manuals etc. on those
companys bloody homepage´s.
If legally possible somebody should set up a page with
drivers etc. that doesn´t take a day to find.
I might be a stupid unintelligent person, but I´m not alone.
I´m now looking for the adress to the company here in Sweden, I will visit
there office and hide soooo much stuff
for them. YES It´s revenge !!.


Thank´s in advance !

Mr. Power Switch




PC 7EL7000T-131
succeeded


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
- Bobb -
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Not every bit of info for every part is kept online forever. As stock of
parts is depleted, there is no need to keep the info online. If you try
to search for parts info on that model, you get:

"Information is not available on HP PartSurfer for this product. For parts
information, please call (800) 227-8164 between 5 AM and 6 PM Pacific
Time, Monday thru Friday."

So follow instructions here, and enter THAT info to search for.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...4&lang=en#N542

If no hits, then you'll not find it at HP. Especially if the info you are
looking for is ' nice to know' but not necessary to repair. ( designed to
swap out MOBO , not repair it onsite)

Try ebay etc for your model PC. I often find what info I need for old
models there.

Bobb


"VmnEjG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LBsti.5669$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone !
>
> I have an motherboard from a Compaq Presario Desktop PC 7EL7000T-131. I
> have tryed to find a manual or some information regarding the
> "LED-Connectors" on this
> MOBO. Can anybody help or know an URL for this ?!.
>
> I would be so happy, send an ice-cream and a couple of shorts !!.
>
> It really are amazing how hard it is to find drivers manuals etc. on
> those companys bloody homepage´s.
> If legally possible somebody should set up a page with
> drivers etc. that doesn´t take a day to find.
> I might be a stupid unintelligent person, but I´m not alone.
> I´m now looking for the adress to the company here in Sweden, I will
> visit there office and hide soooo much stuff
> for them. YES It´s revenge !!.
>
>
> Thank´s in advance !
>
> Mr. Power Switch
>
>
>
>
> PC 7EL7000T-131
> succeeded
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
William R. Walsh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi!

> I have tryed to find a manual or some information regarding the
> "LED-Connectors" on this MOBO. Can anybody help or know an
> URL for this ?!.


Try looking at the connector with a magnifying glass to see if it might have
markings on it that tell you what connector would go where. You might get
lucky and it only takes a few minutes.

If this is a relatively new PC (within the last five years or so), you might
also try looking on the motherboard for a model number. Such a number can
usually be found between the PCI expansion slots or in the middle of the
board. Punch that number into Google or your favorite search engine and see
what you find. You may find that the board in your computer is nothing more
than a rebadged version of a model sold by any of the big motherboard
makers.

I recently did that with a new Compaq and found that the motherboard inside
was nothing more than a variant of a model offered by ECS/Elitegroup.
Although the Compaq variant has only one PCI Express slot, it still took the
ECS BIOS and drivers without issue. Strangely enough, the CPU has a Asus fan
and heatsink on it.

William


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Myers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
ECS/Elitegroup? A new low in quality, then, for the HPaq. This is simply
another motherboard made by that paragon of manufacturers, PCChips, and
stickered with ECS/Elitegroup markings to cover up the origin of manufacture.
PCChips achieved its reputation by placing fake cache chips on its 486
motherboards way back when.

HPaq boards OEM'ed from Asus and FIC are at least respectable in quality.

.... Ben Myers

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:07:49 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
<(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> I have tryed to find a manual or some information regarding the
>> "LED-Connectors" on this MOBO. Can anybody help or know an
>> URL for this ?!.

>
>Try looking at the connector with a magnifying glass to see if it might have
>markings on it that tell you what connector would go where. You might get
>lucky and it only takes a few minutes.
>
>If this is a relatively new PC (within the last five years or so), you might
>also try looking on the motherboard for a model number. Such a number can
>usually be found between the PCI expansion slots or in the middle of the
>board. Punch that number into Google or your favorite search engine and see
>what you find. You may find that the board in your computer is nothing more
>than a rebadged version of a model sold by any of the big motherboard
>makers.
>
>I recently did that with a new Compaq and found that the motherboard inside
>was nothing more than a variant of a model offered by ECS/Elitegroup.
>Although the Compaq variant has only one PCI Express slot, it still took the
>ECS BIOS and drivers without issue. Strangely enough, the CPU has a Asus fan
>and heatsink on it.
>
>William
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
William R. Walsh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2007, 05:17 AM
Hi!

> ECS/Elitegroup? A new low in quality, then, for the HPaq.


That's what it is, but in model # only. There isn't a sticker on it
proclaiming its maker. The model # has an extra "H" and does not match up
precisely with any ECS product.

Some Google searching turned up a technical information page (don't have it
handy right now, nor am I front of the system) from HP stating that the
board was made by ECS/Elitegroup. I do happen to think that the board is of
decent quality and looks to be reasonably well made. I wouldn't have
associated it with PC Chips. Yes, the system is a low-end inexpensive model
sold at a steep discount.

I still don't know why it's got an Asus fan/sink assembly on it. I didn't
know they sold those standalone. (But then again, perhaps someone grabbed
the wrong brand for the finished system.

> PCChips achieved its reputation by placing fake cache chips on its 486
> motherboards way back when.


Interestingly, I have a loose 286-20MHz (featuring a Harris Semiconductor
80286-20 CPU) PC Chips board that is still working great. I have used it for
a variety of things, but most of the time it sits around on an anti-static
mat. Even the onboard battery is still working and accepting a charge when
powered up. I don't know, but this would seem to suggest that at one time
(now past us, or so I think) PC Chips did know how to build a good board.

> HPaq boards OEM'ed from Asus and FIC are at least respectable in quality.


I have a 2005-era eMachine across the room from the Compaq that is using a
FIC board. Haven't seen too many of those...but this one has always been
reliable. When I've built my own systems, I've used Asus boards. Only two
exceptions exist--one system I put together needed a lot of PCI slots and
only Supermicro had enough. (Asus marketed a board that would have worked,
but it looked to be vaporware when I got there with my needs.) The second
was a system built around an Iwill P55TV (loved that board) and a Cyrix 6x86
CPU (didn't really like the CPU). It worked until I zapped the board while
working on the system.

William


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben Myers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2007, 01:07 PM
It is common, nay, the usual practice for PCChips-ECS-Amptron-Matsonic-etc to
obscure as much as possible the origin of motherboards. Very few markings on
the boards themselves, although the BIOS identifiers typically give away the
manufacturer. If you are unfortunate enough to ever get a boxed retail version
of one of their boards, the box betrays nothing about the ultimate manufacturing
source, and the installation manual contains no clue as to manufacturer or tech
support contact.

Pride of ownership in ones products? Just the opposite. The attitude
expressed is one of "Here is the product. Don't EVER bother me." Part of the
whole scam is to come up with these other brand names... Ben Myers

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 05:17:33 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
<(E-Mail Removed) m> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> ECS/Elitegroup? A new low in quality, then, for the HPaq.

>
>That's what it is, but in model # only. There isn't a sticker on it
>proclaiming its maker. The model # has an extra "H" and does not match up
>precisely with any ECS product.
>
>Some Google searching turned up a technical information page (don't have it
>handy right now, nor am I front of the system) from HP stating that the
>board was made by ECS/Elitegroup. I do happen to think that the board is of
>decent quality and looks to be reasonably well made. I wouldn't have
>associated it with PC Chips. Yes, the system is a low-end inexpensive model
>sold at a steep discount.
>
>I still don't know why it's got an Asus fan/sink assembly on it. I didn't
>know they sold those standalone. (But then again, perhaps someone grabbed
>the wrong brand for the finished system.
>
>> PCChips achieved its reputation by placing fake cache chips on its 486
>> motherboards way back when.

>
>Interestingly, I have a loose 286-20MHz (featuring a Harris Semiconductor
>80286-20 CPU) PC Chips board that is still working great. I have used it for
>a variety of things, but most of the time it sits around on an anti-static
>mat. Even the onboard battery is still working and accepting a charge when
>powered up. I don't know, but this would seem to suggest that at one time
>(now past us, or so I think) PC Chips did know how to build a good board.
>
>> HPaq boards OEM'ed from Asus and FIC are at least respectable in quality.

>
>I have a 2005-era eMachine across the room from the Compaq that is using a
>FIC board. Haven't seen too many of those...but this one has always been
>reliable. When I've built my own systems, I've used Asus boards. Only two
>exceptions exist--one system I put together needed a lot of PCI slots and
>only Supermicro had enough. (Asus marketed a board that would have worked,
>but it looked to be vaporware when I got there with my needs.) The second
>was a system built around an Iwill P55TV (loved that board) and a Cyrix 6x86
>CPU (didn't really like the CPU). It worked until I zapped the board while
>working on the system.
>
>William
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement CD/DVD drive for 5150. Has anyone succeeded in getting one via India? Jumbo Dell 6 02-14-2006 07:26 PM
ANYONE HAVE BROKEN DELL LAPTOP I CAN HAVE FOR FREE? Default User Dell 2 01-06-2006 04:24 PM
Anyone ever succeeded in bypassing password of Toshiba Tecra 8100 with parallel device? luke Laptops 2 09-25-2005 10:14 PM
i have a stock pc and dont know what motherboard i have how can i find out Justin ECS 2 02-01-2004 01:20 PM
To get my Xp 2000 to a true 2000 mhz i have to have a FSB of 160 ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Asus 2 07-29-2003 12:44 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment