HP Deskjet 694c not feeding

Me

Hi all. My brother has inherited an HP Deskjet 694c. It is recognized by
Windows XP with the driver installed (even uninstalled and reinstalled the
driver). I have tried to use it on two XP systems.

When I go to print, the paper is sucked in for a brief second, just inching
forward, then it stops, the yellow light on the top right flashes, and I
will get an error in XP stating that the document failed to print.

I emailed HP and they suggested the uninstall/reinstall of the driver,
refresh the port, and remove and reinstall the ink cartridges. All to no
avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in adavance.

Ben Myers

Try a diagnostic test. Power off the printer. Power it on holding down both
printer buttons at the same time. This should make the 694c print its own
built-in test page. Make sure that the paper is properly aligned in the input
tray. If the test fails, either some foreign material is keeping paper from
feeding (I removed some material from an HP V40 OfficeJet the other day, and it
works OK now.) or the paper feed rollers are dried out or worn out. If the
latter, the simplest thing to do to get the rollers working again is to rub a
very light coating on the surfaces of the rollers using a clean lint-free cloth.
Wipe off all excess fluid. That should get the rollers to grip the paper again.
If not, the printer is history, not worth repairing. Which may explain why your
brother "inherited" it. Or was it left to him in someone's will? If so, I hope
he got something else more valuable. These old printers are a dime a dozen, not
worth repairing with new ones selling for as low as $50... Ben Myers

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:36:47 GMT, "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all. My brother has inherited an HP Deskjet 694c. It is recognized by
>Windows XP with the driver installed (even uninstalled and reinstalled the
>driver). I have tried to use it on two XP systems.
>
>When I go to print, the paper is sucked in for a brief second, just inching
>forward, then it stops, the yellow light on the top right flashes, and I
>will get an error in XP stating that the document failed to print.
>
>I emailed HP and they suggested the uninstall/reinstall of the driver,
>refresh the port, and remove and reinstall the ink cartridges. All to no
>avail.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks in adavance.

Modern DeskJet 1000 and the Deskjet 1000csi drivers SlickRCBD HP 1 12-24-2010 05:23 PM
Lsaer Jet III not feeding envelopes to be printed. Is there a repair kit? greenh HP 2 09-07-2006 03:24 PM
New PSC2700 All-in-one stopped feeding paper DAS HP 0 01-20-2005 10:10 PM
feeding video into computer BBB Nvidia 5 01-26-2004 12:08 PM
dual computers feeding one monitor D. Fahlstrom Hardware 1 01-10-2004 11:29 PM