HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

Maurice

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hh89c4$4qa$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 12/27/09 9:19 AM, Maurice wrote:
>> "Justin"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hh6thh$91i$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> Yes, and you get to talk to East Indians calling themselves "Belinda,
>>> Harry," or my favorite "Jake."
>>> WHen you call in for warranty support - and you *will* need warranty
>>> support at some point, tell "Jake" your name is "Lalit" and you refuse
>>> talk to a Dalit.
>>>
>>> LOOSE! LOOSE!
>>>
>>> Dude, you're gettin' a dalit!

>> Hmmm- a cute redirect.
>>
>> Dude - I never had to call customer service - and I've had a bunch of
>> Dells.
>>

> Yes, you just go out and spend a few bucks to replace hard drive. The
> rest of us expect companies to hold up their end of the bargain.
> Somehow you justify that as the right thing to do.
> Remember, support isn't just getting help with a problem - its getting
> parts under warranty.

In 17 years of computing, I only had to swap out an IO board for fifteen
bucks. Never got a virus either.

> Dude, you're gettin' ripped off!

Dude, you should come out of the past and move into the present.

Maurice

"Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...

> [...]
>> >>

>> > Asked and answered. He's an "MBA".

>> Do you think he knows what it means? I didn't know they gave those
>> out for basketweaving.

> Earlier, I pointed you to sites which give you possible meanings for a
> given acronym. I should have taken my own advice! "MBA" obviously
> doesn't mean what I assumed he meant, but "Must Buy Apple". Sorry about
> that.

LOL!

MuahMan

On Dec 27, 5:40*pm, "Maurice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:4vGdnRNG99ae7KrWnZ2dnUVZ_gBi4p2d@speakeasy. net...

> > [...]

> >> Do you think he knows what it means? *I didn't know they gave those
> >> out for basketweaving.

> > *Earlier, I pointed you to sites which give you possible meanings fora
> > given acronym. I should have taken my own advice! "MBA" obviously
> > doesn't mean what I assumed he meant, but "Must Buy Apple". Sorry about
> > that.

> LOL!

Hehe Justin is getting faaking clown stomped in this thread.

Maurice

"MuahMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Dec 27, 5:40 pm, "Maurice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> "News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:4vGdnRNG99ae7KrWnZ2dnUVZ_gBi4p2d@speakeasy. net...

> > [...]

> >> Do you think he knows what it means? I didn't know they gave those
> >> out for basketweaving.

> > Earlier, I pointed you to sites which give you possible meanings for a
> > given acronym. I should have taken my own advice! "MBA" obviously
> > doesn't mean what I assumed he meant, but "Must Buy Apple". Sorry about
> > that.

> LOL!

Hehe Justin is getting faaking clown stomped in this thread.

On every thread.

Father Justin

On 12/27/09 6:58 PM, Maurice wrote:
> "MuahMan"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 27, 5:40 pm, "Maurice"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Frank Slootweg"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> [...]

>>> Earlier, I pointed you to sites which give you possible meanings for a
>>> given acronym. I should have taken my own advice! "MBA" obviously
>>> doesn't mean what I assumed he meant, but "Must Buy Apple". Sorry about
>>> that.

>> LOL!

> Hehe Justin is getting faaking clown stomped in this thread.
>
> On every thread.

I forgive you all.
As that is the true nature of the Lord.

And no, I wasn't "stomped"
I find it fascinating how lowers always declare victory. Saddam Hussein
declared victory as US tanks rolled through Baghdad.

--
http://www.vatican.org

Father Justin

On 12/27/09 9:51 PM, Steve de Mena wrote:
> Justin wrote:
>
>> Yes, you just go out and spend a few bucks to replace hard drive. The
>> rest of us expect companies to hold up their end of the bargain.
>> Somehow you justify that as the right thing to do.
>> Remember, support isn't just getting help with a problem - its getting
>> parts under warranty.

> You had NO WARRANTY. It had EXPIRED.
>
> Steve

Bless you, my son.

My son, I ask upon you - are PCs expected to die immediately after the
warranty?

--
http://www.vatican.org

Annie Woughman

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hh0la1$la2$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> http://tinypic.com/r/246vo6v/6
> http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6
>
> HP wanted $104 just to troubleshoot. Of course I talked to "Linda" whose
> real name is Deependra Guptda Mukkalukkafukkachucka.
> I plug the god damn thing in, and I get a blue pulsating light as seen
> above.
>
> I bought this for my mom last Christmas. Isn't that just wonderful?
> Aren't I a good son?
> No. I'm a terrible son, I should have bought her a ****ing Mac - but No,
> the HP was cheaper.

Did you by any chance pay for the computer with a VISA gold or better?
(American Express and MC have something similar I believe.) If you did,
skip the HP techs and call VISA. They will extend the warranty for one year
beyond the original warranty. In 2002 I had a HP desktop die on me six
months past the HP warranty. I keep all my receipts so I was able to dig it
out and confirm that I had used the VISA card for it and thought "what the
heck" and called the number on my VISA info. They instructed me to take
the machine to a repair shop and they would reimburse me for the cost. I
did so, the shop said it was the motherboard. They replaced the MB for
$380. I sent the bill to VISA and they sent me a check. Nice. The machine
still works. One of my kids is using it to play Netflix on their
television. Anyway, maybe you can get it repaired or replaced. Give it a
try.

Maurice

"Father Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hh96ro$1ba$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> On 12/27/09 6:58 PM, Maurice wrote:
>> "MuahMan"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Dec 27, 5:40 pm, "Maurice"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "Frank Slootweg"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> LOL!

>> Hehe Justin is getting faaking clown stomped in this thread.
>>
>> On every thread.
>>

> I forgive you all.
> As that is the true nature of the Lord.
>
> And no, I wasn't "stomped"
> I find it fascinating how lowers always declare victory. Saddam Hussein
> declared victory as US tanks rolled through Baghdad.

And tell us father, how are the young boys?