HP dv9700 laptop unable to see DVD or CDrom

Luan Pham

a friend of my had this laptop was unable to recorgnize CD or DVD
install on this Laptop, This device doesn't show up in device manager
at all, and in BIOS setup will not show up either. So how do I
correct this problem. This laptop run Windows Vista home. Thank in
advance.

Father Justin

On 1/27/10 7:00 PM, gorbix wrote:
> Alright i have the exact problem you do right down to the model number
> of the computer,i am almost sure it is a hardware issue and nothing we
> can fix. i am planing on buying an external cd/dvd optic drive.I would
> love if some one could solve this problem for us.

What? no warranty? Better call India. Oh, you'll have to get your
credit card ready, its $100 just to talk to them.

Get a Mac.

--
http://www.vatican.va