HP Laptop displays error when shutting down

Kompu Kid

Hello All:

My sister's brand-new HP laptop displays the following error when
shutting down:

"The exception unknown software exception 0X0000005 occurred in the
application at location 0X76017be2"

Laptop's specs:

HP G70-463cl
Running Windows Vista

She will be getting the windows 7 upgrade soon, so if this error is
related to the operating system, she says she won't worry too much
about it.

Thanks!

Deguza

chuckcar

Kompu Kid <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello All:
>
> My sister's brand-new HP laptop displays the following error when
> shutting down:
>
> "The exception unknown software exception 0X0000005 occurred in the
> application at location 0X76017be2"
>
> Laptop's specs:
>
> HP G70-463cl
> Running Windows Vista
>
> She will be getting the windows 7 upgrade soon, so if this error is
> related to the operating system, she says she won't worry too much
> about it.

Is this before or after the desktop background disappears from the
screen? If before, i'd say it was something in startup - disabling
startup would allow you to test that. If you run msconfig, you can do
so. Otherwise It may depend on what hardware she may have added that
didn't come from the factory. If the later doesn't apply, calling HP
tech support would be prudent and it would be something they may very
well may know about. There is a third possibility that it's simply
corruption from windows not being shut down properly. If the computer is
completely unused, running the restore would be the easiest way to fix it
and determine if there is a hardware problem with the computer itself. *Only*
do so with only the hardware that came from the factory attached. Was
this a "demo" model by any chance?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Justin

On 12/25/09 4:53 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> My sister's brand-new HP laptop displays the following error when
> shutting down:
>
> "The exception unknown software exception 0X0000005 occurred in the
> application at location 0X76017be2"
>
> Laptop's specs:
>
> HP G70-463cl
> Running Windows Vista
>
> She will be getting the windows 7 upgrade soon, so if this error is
> related to the operating system, she says she won't worry too much
> about it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Deguza

before you spend $100+ on the Seven upgrade, go on eBay and look for
"Windows 7 home/professional/ultimate key.
Only get it from sellers IN the USA and with over 100 positive feedback
comments.
You'll just get the key and you can download the ISO file and make your
own DVD. Make sure the auction indicates where you can download the ISO
from.
Its not difficult to burn an ISO onto a DVD - CDBurnerXP is a free
utility that can.
another is imgburn.

There is no need to spend that much on an upgrade.

chuckcar

Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hh3sut$q47$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> On 12/25/09 4:53 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
>> Hello All:
>>
>> My sister's brand-new HP laptop displays the following error when
>> shutting down:
>>
>> "The exception unknown software exception 0X0000005 occurred in the
>> application at location 0X76017be2"
>>
>> Laptop's specs:
>>
>> HP G70-463cl
>> Running Windows Vista
>>
>> She will be getting the windows 7 upgrade soon, so if this error is
>> related to the operating system, she says she won't worry too much
>> about it.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Deguza
>>

> before you spend $100+ on the Seven upgrade, go on eBay and look for
> "Windows 7 home/professional/ultimate key.
> Only get it from sellers IN the USA and with over 100 positive
> feedback comments.
> You'll just get the key and you can download the ISO file and make
> your own DVD. Make sure the auction indicates where you can download
> the ISO from.
> Its not difficult to burn an ISO onto a DVD - CDBurnerXP is a free
> utility that can.
> another is imgburn.
>
> There is no need to spend that much on an upgrade.

Most likely the windows 7 upgrade comes free from HP. And it's meant for
that specific consumer computer. retail MS windows are *not* the same
the ones that come on restore disks. There are huge differences in
driver support for one.

Nor is Vista they have supplied or supported by Microsoft. Their software
warrenty lies with HP.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Kompu Kid

On Dec 25, 6:38*pm, Justin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 12/25/09 4:53 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
>

> > Hello All:

> > My sister's brand-new HP laptop displays the following error when
> > shutting down:

> > "The exception unknown software exception 0X0000005 occurred in the
> > application at location 0X76017be2"

> > Laptop's specs:

> > HP G70-463cl
> > Running Windows Vista

> > She will be getting the windows 7 upgrade soon, so if this error is
> > related to the operating system, she says she won't worry too much
> > about it.

> > Thanks!

> > Deguza

> before you spend $100+ on the Seven upgrade, go on eBay and look for
> "Windows 7 home/professional/ultimate key.
> Only get it from sellers IN the USA and with over 100 positive feedback
> comments.
> You'll just get the key and you can download the ISO file and make your
> own DVD. *Make sure the auction indicates where you can download the ISO
> from.
> Its not difficult to burn an ISO onto a DVD - CDBurnerXP is a free
> utility that can.
> another is imgburn.
>
> There is no need to spend that much on an upgrade.

She is getting a free upgrade to Win7.

Thanks