HP LaserJet 2100/2200 error codes

news

Hi,
Where can I find detailed technical information about the error codes :
Anyone experienced with code 50013 ???
(don't tell me to replace the sensor flag and spring...)

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,
Koen.

Aidan Grey

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:15:34 GMT, news wrote:

>Hi,
>Where can I find detailed technical information about the error codes :
>30035
>30017
>50013
>Anyone experienced with code 50013 ???
>(don't tell me to replace the sensor flag and spring...)
>
>Thanks in advance !
>
>Best regards,
>Koen.

From the Hp LJ 2100 service manual:

Print Overrun (21 error)
(Secondary Error Message) 30017

Press the GO button to print the transferred data (some data might be lost),
then instruct
the customer to simplify the print jobs or install additional memory.

NVRAM Error (68 error)
(Secondary Error Message) 30035 or 30036

Press GO to clear the message and continue printing.

An error occurred in the printer's nonvolatile memory and one or more printer
settings has
been reset to its factory default.
1) Print a configuration page and check the printer settings to determine
which values
have changed.
2) While turning the printer on, hold JOB CANCEL until all the lights come on
and stay
on. This will clean up the NVRAM by removing old areas that are not being
used.

I did not find any reference to a 50013 error code. Is there an Internal
JetDirect in this printer? If so, could this error be
Coming from the JetDirect instead of the printer?

Aidan Grey

nono

"Aidan Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) y.on.ca...
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:15:34 GMT, news wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Where can I find detailed technical information about the error codes :
> >30035
> >30017
> >50013
> >Anyone experienced with code 50013 ???
> >(don't tell me to replace the sensor flag and spring...)
> >
> >Thanks in advance !
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Koen.
> >

> From the Hp LJ 2100 service manual:
>
> Print Overrun (21 error)
> (Secondary Error Message) 30017
>
> Press the GO button to print the transferred data (some data might be

lost),
> then instruct
> the customer to simplify the print jobs or install additional memory.
>

> NVRAM Error (68 error)
> (Secondary Error Message) 30035 or 30036
>
> Press GO to clear the message and continue printing.
>
> An error occurred in the printer's nonvolatile memory and one or more

printer
> settings has
> been reset to its factory default.
> 1) Print a configuration page and check the printer settings to determine
> which values
> have changed.
> 2) While turning the printer on, hold JOB CANCEL until all the lights come

on
> and stay
> on. This will clean up the NVRAM by removing old areas that are not being
> used.
>

> I did not find any reference to a 50013 error code. Is there an

Internal
> JetDirect in this printer? If so, could this error be
> Coming from the JetDirect instead of the printer?
>
> Aidan Grey

Removing the internal jetdirect has no effect.
Paper jam with error 50013 occured after approx. 4 pages.
After replacing the worn sensor flag and torsion spring,
the error occurs after approx. 10 pages.
Single page printjobs are no problem at all.
Continious engine test is also no problem.

I saw 25 printers with this problem !!!

Miha

Glue some thin rubber, so the lever don't bounce. It works
"nono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LkRDc.168314$(E-Mail Removed)-ops.be...

> "Aidan Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed) y.on.ca...
> > On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:15:34 GMT, news wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >Where can I find detailed technical information about the error codes :
> > >30035
> > >30017
> > >50013
> > >Anyone experienced with code 50013 ???
> > >(don't tell me to replace the sensor flag and spring...)
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance !
> > >
> > >Best regards,
> > >Koen.
> > >

> > From the Hp LJ 2100 service manual:
> >
> > Print Overrun (21 error)
> > (Secondary Error Message) 30017
> >
> > Press the GO button to print the transferred data (some data might be

> lost),
> > then instruct
> > the customer to simplify the print jobs or install additional memory.
> >

> > NVRAM Error (68 error)
> > (Secondary Error Message) 30035 or 30036
> >
> > Press GO to clear the message and continue printing.
> >
> > An error occurred in the printer's nonvolatile memory and one or more

> printer
> > settings has
> > been reset to its factory default.
> > 1) Print a configuration page and check the printer settings to

determine
> > which values
> > have changed.
> > 2) While turning the printer on, hold JOB CANCEL until all the lights

come
> on
> > and stay
> > on. This will clean up the NVRAM by removing old areas that are not

being
> > used.
> >

> > I did not find any reference to a 50013 error code. Is there an

> Internal
> > JetDirect in this printer? If so, could this error be
> > Coming from the JetDirect instead of the printer?
> >
> > Aidan Grey
> >

> Removing the internal jetdirect has no effect.
> Paper jam with error 50013 occured after approx. 4 pages.
> After replacing the worn sensor flag and torsion spring,
> the error occurs after approx. 10 pages.
> Single page printjobs are no problem at all.
> Continious engine test is also no problem.
>
> I saw 25 printers with this problem !!!

nono

hi Miha,
are you serious ???

"Miha" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:cc3tkk$efh$(E-Mail Removed)...

:

> > > From the Hp LJ 2100 service manual:
> > >
> > > Print Overrun (21 error)
> > > (Secondary Error Message) 30017
> > >
> > > Press the GO button to print the transferred data (some data might be

> > lost),
> > > then instruct
> > > the customer to simplify the print jobs or install additional memory.
> > >

> > > NVRAM Error (68 error)
> > > (Secondary Error Message) 30035 or 30036
> > >
> > > Press GO to clear the message and continue printing.
> > >
> > > An error occurred in the printer's nonvolatile memory and one or more

> > printer
> > > settings has
> > > been reset to its factory default.
> > > 1) Print a configuration page and check the printer settings to

> determine
> > > which values
> > > have changed.
> > > 2) While turning the printer on, hold JOB CANCEL until all the lights

> come
> > on
> > > and stay
> > > on. This will clean up the NVRAM by removing old areas that are not

> being
> > > used.
> > >

> > > I did not find any reference to a 50013 error code. Is there an

> > Internal
> > > JetDirect in this printer? If so, could this error be
> > > Coming from the JetDirect instead of the printer?
> > >
> > > Aidan Grey
> > >

> > Removing the internal jetdirect has no effect.
> > Paper jam with error 50013 occured after approx. 4 pages.
> > After replacing the worn sensor flag and torsion spring,
> > the error occurs after approx. 10 pages.
> > Single page printjobs are no problem at all.
> > Continious engine test is also no problem.
> >
> > I saw 25 printers with this problem !!!

sojka

Hi,

I do have HP LJ 2100 with firmware 19990105. No JetDirect, 24MB RAM.
50013 code appears frequently (on page numbers
142074, 141841, 140876, 140801, 140716, 140712,
130616 128852, 128449, 125714).
As seen, it is sometimes every 4 pages, and
sometimes I print 10000 pages without error.

Could anybody report in detail on solution
of this (probably frequent) problem?

Thanks