HP Pavilion a6720f motherboard connection

Roy

Hi! I recently replaced the motherboard on my a6720f, and while it
works great, there's one thing that has me stumped: There's a little
wire with a five-hole socket on it coming from a small circuit board
right over the rear fan (the chassis fan). I have NO IDEA what this
wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!

Can somebody help?

TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

Bob Villa

On Aug 24, 10:02*am, Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi! I recently replaced the motherboard on my a6720f, and while it
> works great, there's one thing that has me stumped: There's a little
> wire with a five-hole socket on it coming from a small circuit board
> right over the rear fan (the chassis fan). I have NO IDEA what this
> wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!
>
> Can somebody help?
>
> TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

I'm sure Ben will chime-in on this.

Roy

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 03:57:56 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Aug 24, 10:02*am, Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi! I recently replaced the motherboard on my a6720f, and while it
>> works great, there's one thing that has me stumped: There's a little
>> wire with a five-hole socket on it coming from a small circuit board
>> right over the rear fan (the chassis fan). I have NO IDEA what this
>> wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!
>>
>> Can somebody help?
>>
>> TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

>I'm sure Ben will chime-in on this.

Oops! Never mind: it was just the WLAN. It confused me because the
circuit board is so close to the fan, it looked like it was PART of
the fan. (It confused HP Tech Support, too. Useless!) It plugged into
one of those 5-pin USB sockets. I thought all along that that was the
only thing that connector could go to, but I kept thinking "Why would
a fan be connected to the USB?"

Live and learn!