HP Pavilion a820n can use PCI-express video card?

fl

Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion a820n computer. I would like to replace the on-
board graphics card with a plug-in type in order to use my LCD
monitor(1680X1050). On ebay, I find some cards are PCI-Express. On
internet I find the mother board in Pavilion a802n has three PCI
slots, see below. I want to know whether the PCI Express card can work
in my computer. Thanks in advance.

Expansion slots: Three PCI

fl

On Jun 23, 8:36*pm, fl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a HP Pavilion a820n computer. I would like to replace the on-
> board graphics card with a plug-in type in order to use my LCD
> monitor(1680X1050). On ebay, I find some cards are PCI-Express. On
> internet I find the mother board in Pavilion a802n has three PCI
> slots, see below. I want to know whether the PCI Express card can work
> in my computer. Thanks in advance.
>
> Expansion slots: *Three PCI

Although the specification of a820n says that it has three PCI slots.
I see only one notch in the bus connector. So, it is PCI or PCI
Express bus? Thanks.

Ben Myers

The motherboard in the A820n is a low-end one which lacks any sort of true video
card slot, either AGP or PCI-Express. PCI and PCI-Express are incompatible,
despite the similarities in names. Your only choice with the system would be a
PCI card capable of handling the LCD resolution... Ben Myers

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:36:42 -0700 (PDT), fl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a HP Pavilion a820n computer. I would like to replace the on-
>board graphics card with a plug-in type in order to use my LCD
>monitor(1680X1050). On ebay, I find some cards are PCI-Express. On
>internet I find the mother board in Pavilion a802n has three PCI
>slots, see below. I want to know whether the PCI Express card can work
>in my computer. Thanks in advance.
>

>Expansion slots: Three PCI

ShadowTek

> Although the specification of a820n says that it has three PCI slots.
> I see only one notch in the bus connector. So, it is PCI or PCI
> Express bus? Thanks.

Look for youself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periphe...t_Interconnect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCIe

HP Pavilion zt1170. Can video card be changed? Skipster HP 0 03-26-2006 06:30 PM
Pavilion a820n Slow Response Bob HP 0 08-04-2005 11:32 PM
Can't use pci video card as primary video adapter dan@cps92.com Hardware 7 09-05-2004 12:59 AM
Pinnacle Studio 8 capturing video from AverTV card - Can't use S-video Eldho Thomas ATI 1 08-09-2003 06:29 PM