Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

HP Pavillion a1610, 64X2 4200+, 2.2 Ghz upgrade. How and what?

 
 
Ritter 197
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
My question regarding a possible update.

I have an 18 mos. Old HP computer Pavillion a1610, AMD Live technology, AMD
Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2.2 Ghz processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard drive, ASUSTek
NODUSM3 1.05 Motherboard, and a NVDA GeForce 6150 LE Display adapter,
Windows XP media edition installed.

What would make the most economic sense: Keep the Motherboard and stay with
AMD? Then which one?

Go to an Intel or other MB and an Intel CPU? Which one?




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Augustus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2008, 03:13 PM

"Ritter 197" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> My question regarding a possible update.
>
> I have an 18 mos. Old HP computer Pavillion a1610, AMD Live technology,
> AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2.2 Ghz processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard drive,
> ASUSTek NODUSM3 1.05 Motherboard, and a NVDA GeForce 6150 LE Display
> adapter, Windows XP media edition installed.
>
> What would make the most economic sense: Keep the Motherboard and stay
> with AMD? Then which one?


What are you using it for?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ritter 197
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
No fast games. But for Bridge, e-mail, internet, video processing (just
beginning), digital photo processing, Word processing, Power point
presentation.


"Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:t_htj.27116$C61.20102@edtnps89...
>
> "Ritter 197" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> My question regarding a possible update.
>>
>> I have an 18 mos. Old HP computer Pavillion a1610, AMD Live technology,
>> AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2.2 Ghz processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard drive,
>> ASUSTek NODUSM3 1.05 Motherboard, and a NVDA GeForce 6150 LE Display
>> adapter, Windows XP media edition installed.
>>
>> What would make the most economic sense: Keep the Motherboard and stay
>> with AMD? Then which one?

>
> What are you using it for?
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Augustus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2008, 12:03 AM

"Ritter 197" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No fast games. But for Bridge, e-mail, internet, video processing (just
> beginning), digital photo processing, Word processing, Power point
> presentation.


Honestly, there's really not much point in going much upgrading this system
due to the proprietary nature of the motherboard . There is a version
5.51.28.50 BIOS with a Dec 2007 release date for the A8M2N-LA motherboard.
Whether or not this update provides support for the more newer X2, FX and
Opteron dual core lines I don't know. Release notes were hard to find and I
can't be bothered to dig a whole lot deeper. It's your box, after all. If
it could, then get an Opteron 185 which is a 2.6Ghz 2Mb L2 cache unit. It
(other than the FX60 which is basically identical other than being fully
unlocked rather than partially like the Opteron and four time the cost) is
the ultimate and final sokcet 939 upgrade. You'll really see a difference
with it.....if the BIOS can be upgraded to support it. Don't just buy one
off eBay and stick it in, without checking. About $210.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP Pavillion a1610, 64X2 4200+, 2.2 Ghz upgrade. How and what? Ritter 197 AMD Overclocking 7 02-19-2008 01:20 PM
safe temp for athlone 64x2 4200+ am2 maciejka AMD Overclocking 1 01-05-2007 11:38 PM
over clocking amd athlon 64x2 3800 + duel core processor rockco Overclocking 0 11-05-2006 06:09 PM
Video Editing? AMD Athlon 64FX-55 2.6ghz or Athlon 64X2 400?? Dutch AMD Overclocking 9 08-02-2006 11:22 PM
Video Editing? AMD Athlon 64FX-55 2.6ghz or Athlon 64X2 400?? Dutch AMD Thunderbird 9 08-02-2006 11:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment