HP Printer creates false drive

no_one@no_where.invalid

This is an odd one. There has been an unknown drive with removable
disks showing up on my computer. I can remove it in "safely remove
hardware" The printer is an All-in-one J6450. If I unplug the
printer the unknown drive goes away. I am guessing it is the card
reader in the printer that is showing up as a drive. I wonder if
anyone else has had this happen? If so were you able to correct the
problem. I went to HP help page looking for an answer but that is a
real abortion.

Bill - NM

Ben Myers

On 8/9/2010 3:23 PM, no_one@no_where.invalid wrote:
> This is an odd one. There has been an unknown drive with removable
> disks showing up on my computer. I can remove it in "safely remove
> hardware" The printer is an All-in-one J6450. If I unplug the
> printer the unknown drive goes away. I am guessing it is the card
> reader in the printer that is showing up as a drive. I wonder if
> anyone else has had this happen? If so were you able to correct the
> problem. I went to HP help page looking for an answer but that is a
> real abortion.
>
> Bill - NM

The removable disk drive showing up in My Computer is the card reader
built into the HP printer. In other words, printer, computer and
Windows are all bahving normally by showing it... Ben Myers