HP Product Numbers (Notebooks)

Wolf Stringhammer

HP Notebooks get special series names like nc6320 or 5830w.

Within these serieses there are different models with different
technical data (COU, HD, ...). These models are identified by
product numbers such as RH377ET#ABD, RH383EA#ABD,
EV272ET#ABD.

Question:

Where can I find the technical data for such model numbers?

I.e. I want to answer questions like what CPU, HD, memory
has got the notebook EV272ET#ABD.

Thanks for any tips, W.

Ben Myers

Wolf Stringhammer wrote:
> HP Notebooks get special series names like nc6320 or 5830w.
>
> Within these serieses there are different models with different
> technical data (COU, HD, ...). These models are identified by
> product numbers such as RH377ET#ABD, RH383EA#ABD,
> EV272ET#ABD.
>
> Question:
>
> Where can I find the technical data for such model numbers?
>
> I.e. I want to answer questions like what CPU, HD, memory
> has got the notebook EV272ET#ABD.
>
> Thanks for any tips, W.

I do not know of a comprehensive reference or spreadsheet or other
single source for this information. Compared to its competitors (Dell
and Lenovo), HP seems to generate far more model identifiers, making it
hard to figure out what is inside. Worse yet, the info on HP's web site
is often sketchy. It's almost like they don't want to tell you. A
great marketing ploy!

Use Google! For example, EV272ET turned up:

HP nx9420 (EV272ET) | Intel Core Duo-T2500 (2.00GHz) - RAM 1024MB - HD
100GB - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - 17.0 Zoll (1680x1050) - DVD RW/DL/RAM

RH377ET...

Compaq nc6320 Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T5600 1024M/80G 15" TFT XGA
DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC

RH383EA...

Compaq nc6320 Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T7200 1024M/100G 15" TFT SXGA+
DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC

Maybe someone else knows the secret for finding out this information
easily... Ben Myers

joe

Ben Myers wrote:

> Wolf Stringhammer wrote:
>> HP Notebooks get special series names like nc6320 or 5830w.
>>
>> Within these serieses there are different models with different
>> technical data (COU, HD, ...). These models are identified by
>> product numbers such as RH377ET#ABD, RH383EA#ABD,
>> EV272ET#ABD.
>>
>> Question:
>>
>> Where can I find the technical data for such model numbers?
>>
>> I.e. I want to answer questions like what CPU, HD, memory
>> has got the notebook EV272ET#ABD.
>>
>> Thanks for any tips, W.
>>

> I do not know of a comprehensive reference or spreadsheet or other
> single source for this information. Compared to its competitors (Dell
> and Lenovo), HP seems to generate far more model identifiers, making it
> hard to figure out what is inside. Worse yet, the info on HP's web site
> is often sketchy. It's almost like they don't want to tell you. A
> great marketing ploy!
>
> Use Google! For example, EV272ET turned up:
>
> HP nx9420 (EV272ET) | Intel Core Duo-T2500 (2.00GHz) - RAM 1024MB - HD
> 100GB - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - 17.0 Zoll (1680x1050) - DVD RW/DL/RAM
>
> RH377ET...
>
> Compaq nc6320 Intel Coreā„¢2 Duo Processor T5600 1024M/80G 15" TFT XGA
> DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC
>
> RH383EA...
>
> Compaq nc6320 Intel Coreā„¢2 Duo Processor T7200 1024M/100G 15" TFT SXGA+
> DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC
>
> Maybe someone else knows the secret for finding out this information
> easily... Ben Myers

A couple secret paths to the information are:
1)
www.hp.com
on the bottom right, select 'support and troubleshooting'
enter the number, e.g., "EV272ET"
look for product specifications or manuals or other documentation

2)
www.hp.com
put the model number in the search box (EV272ET)
select and appropriate document from the results

BTW, #ABD is the language. ABA=US English

Ben Myers

joe wrote:
> Ben Myers wrote:
>
>> Wolf Stringhammer wrote:
>>> HP Notebooks get special series names like nc6320 or 5830w.
>>>
>>> Within these serieses there are different models with different
>>> technical data (COU, HD, ...). These models are identified by
>>> product numbers such as RH377ET#ABD, RH383EA#ABD,
>>> EV272ET#ABD.
>>>
>>> Question:
>>>
>>> Where can I find the technical data for such model numbers?
>>>
>>> I.e. I want to answer questions like what CPU, HD, memory
>>> has got the notebook EV272ET#ABD.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any tips, W.
>>>

>> I do not know of a comprehensive reference or spreadsheet or other
>> single source for this information. Compared to its competitors (Dell
>> and Lenovo), HP seems to generate far more model identifiers, making it
>> hard to figure out what is inside. Worse yet, the info on HP's web site
>> is often sketchy. It's almost like they don't want to tell you. A
>> great marketing ploy!
>>
>> Use Google! For example, EV272ET turned up:
>>
>> HP nx9420 (EV272ET) | Intel Core Duo-T2500 (2.00GHz) - RAM 1024MB - HD
>> 100GB - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - 17.0 Zoll (1680x1050) - DVD RW/DL/RAM
>>
>> RH377ET...
>>
>> Compaq nc6320 Intel Coreā„¢2 Duo Processor T5600 1024M/80G 15" TFT XGA
>> DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC
>>
>> RH383EA...
>>
>> Compaq nc6320 Intel Coreā„¢2 Duo Processor T7200 1024M/100G 15" TFT SXGA+
>> DVD+/-RW DL WXP Pro Notebook PC
>>
>> Maybe someone else knows the secret for finding out this information
>> easily... Ben Myers

> A couple secret paths to the information are:
> 1)
> www.hp.com
> on the bottom right, select 'support and troubleshooting'
> enter the number, e.g., "EV272ET"
> look for product specifications or manuals or other documentation
>
> 2)
> www.hp.com
> put the model number in the search box (EV272ET)
> select and appropriate document from the results
>

> BTW, #ABD is the language. ABA=US English

Secret? Ya gotta be kidding! Been there, done that. Where are the
specs for the EV272ET? NOT on the HP web site, which rarely has any
detailed PRODUCT SPECS visible for its laptops. Maybe in the laptop's
user guide. Maybe not. HP DOES include specs for most of its desktops
right there on its web site. But not laptops. That is why the OP was
asking, and why I am sympathetic.

Why not try doing as you suggested and tell everyone what you found, and
how you found it??? ... Ben Myers

HD swap between HP product numbers? TruckeeTrout Laptops 2 11-11-2007 11:27 PM
Cross reference for PB/NEC format numbers, system numbers, CDs, etc SV Packard Bell 0 09-26-2005 05:12 AM
NF7-S Revision numbers no spam Abit 14 08-07-2004 03:32 PM
Re: RE:P4P800 and P4C800 Deluxe - Revision Numbers Jim Leko Asus 1 06-23-2003 01:35 PM