HP PSC 750xi "Incorrect black cartridge" error

Steve Lockridge

I've read a lot of the posts concerning HP printers and the "incorrect
cartridge" error. Many of them discuss software issues. I can assure
you, my problem is not a software issue.

My HP PSC 750xi is a standalone unit. It is not even connected to a
computer. However, after installing a new black cartridge, I am
getting the "Incorrect black cartridge" error.

I have tried everything to fix it except to buy another new cartridge
which I plan to do tomorrow.

The black cartridge that was originally in there did not seem that
old. It was printing fine and then suddenly said the black ink was
low. That was it. One page of light print and it was gone. I used
the cleaning utility and that did not help. I aligned the cartridges
and that did not help. I bought a new black cartridge and that did
not help. I cleaned the new cartridge and contacts and that did not
help.

So my error is definitely not software related. Any suggestions would
be helpful since HP's suggestions did not fix the problem. Thanks.

Bob Headrick

"Steve Lockridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've read a lot of the posts concerning HP printers and the "incorrect
> cartridge" error. Many of them discuss software issues. I can assure
> you, my problem is not a software issue.
>
> My HP PSC 750xi is a standalone unit. It is not even connected to a
> computer. However, after installing a new black cartridge, I am
> getting the "Incorrect black cartridge" error.

Two things to check - first make sure you are using a #15 cartridge, not the
similar-looking #45. You should also clean the electrical contacts (not the
nozzles) as shown at the following:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printer.../bpa02060.html

Regards,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Corn=E9_Beerse?=

Steve Lockridge wrote:

> I've read a lot of the posts concerning HP printers and the "incorrect
> cartridge" error. Many of them discuss software issues. I can assure
> you, my problem is not a software issue.
>
> My HP PSC 750xi is a standalone unit. It is not even connected to a
> computer. However, after installing a new black cartridge, I am
> getting the "Incorrect black cartridge" error.
>
> I have tried everything to fix it except to buy another new cartridge
> which I plan to do tomorrow.
>
> The black cartridge that was originally in there did not seem that
> old. It was printing fine and then suddenly said the black ink was
> low. That was it. One page of light print and it was gone. I used
> the cleaning utility and that did not help. I aligned the cartridges
> and that did not help. I bought a new black cartridge and that did
> not help. I cleaned the new cartridge and contacts and that did not
> help.
>
> So my error is definitely not software related. Any suggestions would
> be helpful since HP's suggestions did not fix the problem. Thanks.

Carefully check the contacts in the printer that should contact the inkcartridges.

I don't know if you use official HP products or refilled stuff. On those I see a
single mising (removed) contact (both color and black ink). With those
cartridges, my psc-750 also complains about incorrect ink. I ignore this message
as long as prints look reasonable.

For printing series of foto's, I switch to official HP-s, for day-to-day use, I
use refills.

CBee

Black smears with brand new HP PSC 1402 All-in-One SerGioGio HP 3 05-17-2006 03:06 AM
HP psc 1210 series..... does not print white and black modality!!! Giacomo HP 2 10-07-2005 09:54 PM
HELP!!! HP PSC 750xi prints purple...advice, please. Edward Holub HP 1 05-15-2004 03:56 AM
PSC 1210 Black only printing. Jim HP 0 02-21-2004 05:29 PM
HP PSC 1210 or HP PSC 2110 Keith Hampson HP 1 02-03-2004 04:07 PM