IBM T21 LCD Problem

Mike Cook

My T21 was dropped about 4 feet onto stone steps, suffered some damage to
the case, has worked perfectly since except for the following. I started to
get horizontal lines on the LCD display. If I pushed on the LCD on the left
side where the lines were, they would disappear for a short while. If I
stuffed a small scrap of paper in between the LCD and the plastic case, the
lines would disappear. The lines have progressively gotten worse however,
and now do not disappear with anything I can do. Does this seem like a bad
LCD? If so, I might try to replace it. Thanks for any advice.

--Mike

Torsten Mueller

Hello Mike,
Exactly the same thing happened to me 3 years ago with a 770X. A red one
pixel Line ran down the screen at first and it got worse. Pressing on it
from the back of the LCD made the lines dissapear or multiply. I had it
repaired and it cost me 3000 DM (1.500 $).
I am almost certain that they did not replace the LCD. System Board, Graphic
Card and DCDC Card were replaced.
But it had much more damage than yours I guess so you should not have to pay
so much if you send it in for repair. I dont think you can fix it yourself
by replacing Parts.

Hope this helps.

Torsten.

news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...