IBM T23 CMOS Battery - Date Time

TomM

I recently replaced the screen on my T23 and in following the
instructions I removed the main battery as well as the CMOS battery.

After I put it back together I got an error that required me to set the
system date/time.

I thought maybe by coincidence the CMOS battery had died so I replaced
it. I think I got the connector attached properly but it is hard to
tell. Anyhow I still get the error.

Anyone have any idea what else it could be

Thanks

JHEM

TomM wrote:

> I thought maybe by coincidence the CMOS battery had died so I replaced
> it. I think I got the connector attached properly but it is hard to
> tell. Anyhow I still get the error.

Anytime you remove the CMOS battery you'll be prompted to set the date and
time on each BOOT.

Same goes if the battery isn't connected correctly. Check the connector
again and make sure it's "clicked" in place.
--
James

Visit the Thinkpad Forums
http://forum.thinkpads.com