IBM T30 Will not bootup

dwn

Thinkpad, T30 Type 2366-96U
O/S XP Pro, SP3 upto date.
2Gb ram

After using infrequently for a few months as spare. Will not boot up and no
booting options, plain dark screen. Before it died a few times during booting, ,
I don't remember the exact wording in DOS, screen the key’s error. If switch on
a few days later, it may boot up with the same wordings. Now it really dead.
Will not boot in CD. I suspect the KB (keyboard) is bad. I removed the keyboard
KB, I had no ways checking if the Keyboard is bad. Had also checked the two
memory slots and switched the rams. I don't think the trouble is here. I have
installed a new 80Gb HD, 2Gb ram and recovery CD diskettes on this used laptop.
Any suggestion before I junked it?

StarDust

Check CMOS battery, $5 item!
It gives power to BIOS chip!
No BIOS, no boot up!
JS

On Feb 6, 8:46*pm, dwn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thinkpad, T30 Type 2366-96U
> O/S XP Pro, SP3 upto date.
> 2Gb ram
>
> After using infrequently for a few months as spare. Will not boot up and no
> booting options, plain dark screen. Before it died a few times during booting, ,
> I don't remember the exact wording in DOS, screen the keys error. If switch on
> a few days later, it may boot up with the same wordings. Now it really dead.
> Will not boot in CD. I suspect the KB (keyboard) is bad. I removed the keyboard
> KB, I had no ways checking if the Keyboard is bad. Had also checked the two
> memory slots and switched the rams. I don't think the trouble is here. I have
> installed a new 80Gb HD, 2Gb ram and recovery CD diskettes on this used laptop.
> Any suggestion before I junked it?

IBM T30 Will not bootup dwn IBM Thinkpad 12 02-18-2011 02:56 AM
Thinkpad T30 not booting (no HDD led on bootup) Jussi Saily IBM Thinkpad 3 02-23-2010 12:42 AM
ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 2366-41U ThinkPad T30 memory issue klouse Laptops 8 11-09-2006 12:39 AM
IBM T30, T30 or R50e BobH IBM Thinkpad 5 11-23-2005 12:49 AM
IBM T30 boots pc-dos but not ms-dos from memory key Michael Wileman IBM Thinkpad 7 11-16-2003 04:17 PM