IBM T42p keyboard and mouse gone....

Holger Leicht

Hi all,
today after the installation of a VPN programm my keyboard and Touchpad
arenīt working anymore.
Is there anybody who knows this problem?
I think it is no hardware problem, because some Fn+... keys are o.k.
With an external mouse (only USB) I can work. :-(
I hope s.o. can help me.
Thanks a lot,

Holger

John Navas

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:24:41 +0200, "Holger Leicht"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)>:

>today after the installation of a VPN programm my keyboard and Touchpad
>arenīt working anymore.
>Is there anybody who knows this problem?
>I think it is no hardware problem, because some Fn+... keys are o.k.
>With an external mouse (only USB) I can work. :-(

Have you tried uninstalling the mystery VPN program? What happens?

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

Holger Leicht

That didnīt help :-(

"John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:24:41 +0200, "Holger Leicht"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>>today after the installation of a VPN programm my keyboard and Touchpad
>>arenīt working anymore.
>>Is there anybody who knows this problem?
>>I think it is no hardware problem, because some Fn+... keys are o.k.
>>With an external mouse (only USB) I can work. :-(

> Have you tried uninstalling the mystery VPN program? What happens?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

Phil Sherman

Did you attempt to use the BIOS/Recovery routines to run a keyboard test?

Phil Sherman

Holger Leicht wrote:
> Hi all,
> today after the installation of a VPN programm my keyboard and Touchpad
> arenīt working anymore.
> Is there anybody who knows this problem?
> I think it is no hardware problem, because some Fn+... keys are o.k.
> With an external mouse (only USB) I can work. :-(
> I hope s.o. can help me.
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Holger

John Navas

Any problems in Device Manager?
Have you tried using System Restore to roll back
to a Restore point prior to installing the VPN?
How about Lenovo's PC Doctor diagnostics?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:53:32 +0200, "Holger Leicht"