Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

IBM T60 vista upgrade

 
 
tmfast
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Hey all,
I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has done
this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works great, no
problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
Will that aero work on this?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
CBFalconer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007, 03:55 AM
tmfast wrote:
>
> I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video.
> Just received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if
> anyone has done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is.
> Everything works great, no problems at all. I am using office &
> visio 2003. My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP
> if I don't like vista? Will that aero work on this?


I don't know, but Vista is a disaster. See the following links.

--
<http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt>
<http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423>

"A man who is right every time is not likely to do very much."
-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
"There is nothing more amazing than stupidity in action."
-- Thomas Matthews


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Woody
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007, 11:11 PM
If the laptop is working the way you like it why go to Vista? Vista is in
it's early buggy stage. I wouldn't go to it for at least a year.The only
reason to go to it is if something you needed would only run on Vista...


"tmfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2k0Mh.11634$e47.6992@trnddc05...
> Hey all,
> I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
> received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has
> done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works
> great, no problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
> My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
> Will that aero work on this?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
noname
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
tmfast wrote:

> My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?


If you have the original recovery cd's for the XP system, then yes. It
overwrites all data to a factory restore for that OS. No matter what OS
you put on the disk before.
But don't count on the system to restore to the XP state from the rescue
and recovery partition after you installed Vista on it from the
IBM/Lenovo CD/DVD.
My suggestion is if you like the system and only want to experiment with
Vista: just use a second harddisk, install the XP system and try the
upgrade on that disk. Imho Vista is not worth the upgrade if you like
the system now. Besides the fact the OS has not proven itselve yet.
S.
 
Reply With Quote
 
tmfast
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Whoa,
Thats all I need to hear. Thank you all for your advise. I did not have a
good fealing about just doing it. I will just leave it alone. I will shelf
the Vista, and look at it.

"tmfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2k0Mh.11634$e47.6992@trnddc05...
> Hey all,
> I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
> received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has
> done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works
> great, no problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
> My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
> Will that aero work on this?
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
alordofchaos@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2007, 01:03 PM
On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hey all,
> Just received a vista upgrade


vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jeanette Russo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> Just received a vista upgrade

>
> vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)
>


Jeanette wrote:
I have my vista upgrade sitting on my shelf waiting for the next time I
need to reinstall XP.

Right now everything is great so no rush to Vista

 
Reply With Quote
 
CBFalconer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-23-2007, 03:23 AM
Jeanette Russo wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just received a vista upgrade

>>
>> vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)

>
> I have my vista upgrade sitting on my shelf waiting for the next
> time I need to reinstall XP.
>
> Right now everything is great so no rush to Vista


Read the following URLs

--
<http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt>
<http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423>

"A man who is right every time is not likely to do very much."
-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
"There is nothing more amazing than stupidity in action."
-- Thomas Matthews


--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speeding up my T60 Thinkpad.. Is it possible to get an Solid StateDrive (SSD) for my T60 Thinkpad? ship Laptops 40 12-09-2009 10:09 AM
IBM T60 Vista and Bluetooth John IBM Thinkpad 6 06-29-2007 03:36 AM
IBM T60 Vista and Bluetooth John IBM Thinkpad 0 06-27-2007 01:55 PM
IBM T60 -> Intel Core Duo..upgrade to Intel Core 2 Duo, possible? Steven IBM Thinkpad 0 06-11-2007 02:00 PM
IBM t60 and memory upgrade... noemail12000@yahoo.com IBM Thinkpad 2 11-18-2006 05:01 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment