iBook Screen Saver problem

Eric P.

Hello,

A friend has an iBook (I think she's running Tiger), and has set
the Screen Saver to display random images from a certain folder.
She's set the delay before sleep to be shorter than the delay
in the battery saving settings, because she wants the screen
saver to show before/instead of the screen blacking out. However,
the screen always blacks out first, but the screen saver is running
"behind" it. She can tell this because, when she wakes the computer
again, the last screen saver image shows for an instant, and then
it goes away and the desktop appears.

The delay before screen saver is set to about three minutes, the
delay in the battery saving settings to about five or seven minutes.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I checked the settings for her,
and they look right to make the screen saver work, but we're both
stumped here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Eric

Király

Eric P. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The delay before screen saver is set to about three minutes, the
> delay in the battery saving settings to about five or seven minutes.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I checked the settings for her,
> and they look right to make the screen saver work, but we're both
> stumped here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Try deleting these three files:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
Homefolder/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.screensaver.whichever-one-has-the-most-recent-modified-date-and-time.plist
Homefolder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

Then go back to System Preferences and try setting them again.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.

Strange Screen Saver problem. Can anyone help? Mike Lane Apple 15 06-10-2009 09:53 PM
Screen Saver -- Choose Folder problem fishfry Apple 1 04-19-2006 05:05 PM
iBook G4 won't sleep a la Energy Saver! Lot-o-fun Apple 0 05-22-2005 12:33 PM
Screen Saver HCRychener Dell 0 12-22-2003 11:29 PM
A problem with the screen saver and DOS Ful screen programs Manfred =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Preu=DFig?= Nvidia 0 08-02-2003 04:04 PM