Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

ic7-g n-chipset fan

 
 
swicz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006, 02:03 AM
My chipset fan is dying in my ic7-g board. Does anyone know of a good one
that's easy to replace. Do I even need the fan at all? I have a limit in
size do to my zalman cnps9500 fan sitting right next to it. I am
overclocking my cpu if this matters or not?




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
blahblah_nospam@sbcglobal.net
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006, 02:21 AM
"swicz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:a9155$457381c3$438c7361$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My chipset fan is dying in my ic7-g board. Does anyone know of a good one
> that's easy to replace. Do I even need the fan at all? I have a limit in
> size do to my zalman cnps9500 fan sitting right next to it. I am
> overclocking my cpu if this matters or not?


Zalman's ZM-NBF47 fits perfectly with the CNPS9500
on my IC7-G:
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556028901.html

It's fanless and keeps my chipset cooler than Abit's stock
fan/hs did.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
swicz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2006, 02:55 AM
I looked into that cooler before I made this post. It looked to big. Now
that I know your using it.This will be great thanks for the reply

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:VCLch.7225$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> "swicz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a9155$457381c3$438c7361$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My chipset fan is dying in my ic7-g board. Does anyone know of a good one
>> that's easy to replace. Do I even need the fan at all? I have a limit in
>> size do to my zalman cnps9500 fan sitting right next to it. I am
>> overclocking my cpu if this matters or not?

>
> Zalman's ZM-NBF47 fits perfectly with the CNPS9500
> on my IC7-G:
> http://www.coolerguys.com/840556028901.html
>
> It's fanless and keeps my chipset cooler than Abit's stock
> fan/hs did.
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
swicz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-09-2006, 07:49 AM
I just installed it and it works great


"swicz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:87504$45738e1e$438c7361$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I looked into that cooler before I made this post. It looked to big. Now
> that I know your using it.This will be great thanks for the reply
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:VCLch.7225$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> "swicz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:a9155$457381c3$438c7361$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> My chipset fan is dying in my ic7-g board. Does anyone know of a good
>>> one
>>> that's easy to replace. Do I even need the fan at all? I have a limit in
>>> size do to my zalman cnps9500 fan sitting right next to it. I am
>>> overclocking my cpu if this matters or not?

>>
>> Zalman's ZM-NBF47 fits perfectly with the CNPS9500
>> on my IC7-G:
>> http://www.coolerguys.com/840556028901.html
>>
>> It's fanless and keeps my chipset cooler than Abit's stock
>> fan/hs did.
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Waltski
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2007, 01:16 AM
After all these great posts, I plan to install this NB cooler; I have
the Zalman 9500 CPU cooler already installed. Do I need to remove the
CPU cooler before replacing the NB cooler?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-01-2007, 03:40 AM
"Waltski" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After all these great posts, I plan to install this NB cooler; I have
> the Zalman 9500 CPU cooler already installed. Do I need to remove the
> CPU cooler before replacing the NB cooler?


No. It's just a bit easier to install with the 9500 removed.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
abit av8 - is there a way to use software or a utility to control my case fan, cpu fan speeds? louisk Abit 0 09-24-2005 07:34 AM
NF7-S v2: What wattage fan can the motherboard fan headers handle? rms Abit 3 08-18-2004 06:57 AM
Computer Cooling fan,noisy..pc fan Lynn Abit 1 07-21-2004 02:28 PM
Q-fan settings and buying a variable speed detectable and variable fan: WTF kgs Asus 21 01-06-2004 01:32 AM
NF7-S: Onboard Fan headers - ok to use a double fan splitter? Wayne Youngman Abit 4 09-09-2003 06:49 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment