IC7-MAX3 + SATA Maxtor drives & XP install

TomG

as a matter of fact, I concur. I am running the SATA controller right now
in non-raid mode and did not need to load the driver. it is only when you
enable raid mode and the raid bios that you need to use the driver. thanks
for keeping me straight.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 117,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"SpeedyGonzales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl8gji$9ea$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nope...just ran the XP install.
> XP had the appropiate driver for SATA, and you will see the drive in the
> install list. You sould had it as only drive when you install XP. (I did).
>
> SpeedyGonzales
>

> "TomG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > you would need to load the SATA drivers even without raid if you are

going
> > to install the OS on the SATA drives.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Thomas Geery
> > Network+ certified
> >
> > ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
> > ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
> > This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
> > over 117,000 FTP users served!
> > ^^^^^^^
> >

> > "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:laJdb.6035$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thx for the info. Did you have to load any special SATA drivers during

> the
> > > first part of the XP setup (the part where you can press F6 to load
> > > additional drivers)? I will NOT be using RAID.
> > >
> > > "SpeedyGonzales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bl7lj1$fbk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> SP.

> aprox.
> > > 7mb.