IE 7 beta 2 on Dell

Larry

If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may find
it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux and I am
just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall app somehow
gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right but
I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.

Larry

Tom Scales

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0t1ng.156188$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
> gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may
> find it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux
> and I am just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall
> app somehow gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
> I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right
> but I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
>
> Larry

"I did it on my Dell that is my main comp"

Don't ever do that.

BETA MEANS BETA.

If you don't have a test machine, then betas are NOT for you.

journey

Try Mozilla Firefox, it's much better. I don't like what I see of IE
7 so far. Why can't MS develop a lean, mean, feature-rich non-bloated
browser? I mean come on, with the power of PCs these days there is no
excuse.

I have been using Sea Monkey and like that quite a bit.

Notan

journey wrote:

> Try Mozilla Firefox, it's much better. I don't like what I see of IE
> 7 so far. Why can't MS develop a lean, mean, feature-rich non-bloated
> browser? I mean come on, with the power of PCs these days there is no
> excuse.

You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.

Notan

Jan

In article <0t1ng.156188$(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
> gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may find
> it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux and I am
> just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall app somehow
> gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
> I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right but
> I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
>
> Larry

I have installed it twice and removed it twice with no problems. I also
run adaware and spybot.

You are right tho - it does suck.
--

Cheers!

Jan

journey

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:47:13 -0600, Notan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
>coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
>utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
>
>Notan

Right, I agree. But I think some companies have gotten sloppy with
their programming. Micro-Sloth seems to be a good example with many
of its products.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
>coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
>utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
>
>Notan

I think my use of the word "tight" was not what I really wanted to
convey. I mean a program that responds very quickly (esp. if similar
programs from other companies have shown that it's possible). For it
to have a very well thought out and effective user interface. For it
to have a good feature set of features that will be used, and an
optional feature set that can be added on (for power users) without
compromising the speed or complexity.

OK, I can't express myself concisely lol. But hopefully most of the
meaning of what I want to convey comes across. When I look at IE7
beta 2 it looks like a cartoon. I mean wtf, is that the best that MS
can do?

Who knows, maybe MS wants there to be credible competition so that it
keeps the anti-monopoly people at bay.

Maybe the huge object libraries contribute to software bloat -- I
don't know, I'm not a Visual C++ MFC programmer. I think MS could do
a LOT better.

I used Opera a long time ago and it was light years ahead of IE.

Notan

journey wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:47:13 -0600, Notan
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
> >coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
> >utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
> >
> >Notan

> I think my use of the word "tight" was not what I really wanted to
> convey. I mean a program that responds very quickly (esp. if similar
> programs from other companies have shown that it's possible). For it
> to have a very well thought out and effective user interface. For it
> to have a good feature set of features that will be used, and an
> optional feature set that can be added on (for power users) without
> compromising the speed or complexity.
>
> <snip>

Uh, Journey? You didn't use the word "tight." I did. <g>

Notan

journey

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:31:48 -0600, Notan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Uh, Journey? You didn't use the word "tight." I did. <g>
>
>Notan

Acccccccccck

I think it's past my bedtime lol

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0t1ng.156188$(E-Mail Removed) .net...
> If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
> gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may
> find it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux
> and I am just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall
> app somehow gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
> I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right
> but I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
>
> Larry

Strange. I tried IE7 beta and uninstalled it and it reverted to IE6. Did
not have any problem at all. Dell 8400
Bill