Ink annotations pass through in terminal server session?

cgijag

Good day everyone. I've tried searching the net for an answer but haven't
found a solution. I have XP Tablet PC's in the field which connect to our
metaframe session and get a windows desktop. They are able to open a
word/excel document, bring up the text input panel and use that for
handwriting to text conversion. What I'd like to to is use the Ink
annotation feature in word to write a signiture onto a document. If i use
Office on the tablet pc it works fine but I'd like to enable that feature
somehow on office 2003 on our metaframe server. anyone ever try this? I
believe i'd need to install the Microsoft Handwriting Component from the
Office install to get the ink toolbars...any thoughts. Thank you.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Won't work across RDP, unfortunately. A simpler solution is to create the
signature locally on the Tablet, save as format of your choice, and then
paste it into the document on the Terminal Server.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"cgijag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good day everyone. I've tried searching the net for an answer but haven't
> found a solution. I have XP Tablet PC's in the field which connect to our
> metaframe session and get a windows desktop. They are able to open a
> word/excel document, bring up the text input panel and use that for
> handwriting to text conversion. What I'd like to to is use the Ink
> annotation feature in word to write a signiture onto a document. If i use
> Office on the tablet pc it works fine but I'd like to enable that feature
> somehow on office 2003 on our metaframe server. anyone ever try this? I
> believe i'd need to install the Microsoft Handwriting Component from the
> Office install to get the ink toolbars...any thoughts. Thank you.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

might also look for a custom app that would allow the user to sketch
their signature and have that inserted into the current app... suggest
reposting at microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer to see if
someone knows of options.

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

Charlie Russel - MVP

good idea.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> might also look for a custom app that would allow the user to sketch their
> signature and have that inserted into the current app... suggest reposting
> at microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer to see if someone knows of
> options.
>
> Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

cgijag

Thank you Beverly and Charlie. I will repost on the suggested forum. I'll
also investigate creating the sig locally as an image.