input panel error

Beatrix

I have issues with Tablet PC Input Panel. Tried many things, no success.

Main symptoms:
1, Options is not available, Help not available
2., Error message: The writing pad is not available for the selected input
language
3. Error message: The character pad is not available...
(Language is set to US everywhere)
4., Windows live messenger doesn't recognize pen movement, I don't see
anything when I write (just like if I would write with white color, but it is
set to black, I checked)
5., Windows Journal error message when starting: Windows Journal cannot
start. There was an error initializing inking components. etc.

Please inform me if you have a solution, or how can I reinstall Input Panel
from Microsoft CD or elsewhere.
Must be a registry error...

Thanks in advance

Beatrix

I have changed the language settings, now the Writing pad and the character
pad is enabled. but when I write, I don't see what I write. What can be the
problem? Is this what they call "inking"?

Thanks