Installing an Nvidia GE Force 5200 in a K7SEM motherboard

sdgardner1954@sbcglobal.net

Hello

My son gave me a Nvidia GE force 5200 video card to install in my other
son's K7SEM motherboard. Based on the AMI BIOS I believe it is a
version 3.0 C K7SEM. I have heard that installing the wrong version of
an AGP video card into a motherboard can damage the video card or thge
motherboard. I believe this motherboard supports AGP 2. I believe the
video card supports AGP 4/8.

Does anybody have any experience in installing this card into a K7SEM?

Also the Bios gives a person a choice to select either PCI or onboard
AGP. Assuming I install it correctly how do I disable the onboard
video adapter.

Thanks

Scott

Cari

If it's a v3, it has 4x AGP, but you may have to swap from 2x to 4x in the
BIOS.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Product...uID=26&LanID=9

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello
>
> My son gave me a Nvidia GE force 5200 video card to install in my other
> son's K7SEM motherboard. Based on the AMI BIOS I believe it is a
> version 3.0 C K7SEM. I have heard that installing the wrong version of
> an AGP video card into a motherboard can damage the video card or thge
> motherboard. I believe this motherboard supports AGP 2. I believe the
> video card supports AGP 4/8.
>
> Does anybody have any experience in installing this card into a K7SEM?
>
> Also the Bios gives a person a choice to select either PCI or onboard
> AGP. Assuming I install it correctly how do I disable the onboard
> video adapter.
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott

Brian Campbell

All K7sem's support AGP 4x. So your card should work. Probably should
make sure hte mothrboard's bios is updated to the latest though. not sure
how old 3.0c is.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
: Hello

: My son gave me a Nvidia GE force 5200 video card to install in my other
: son's K7SEM motherboard. Based on the AMI BIOS I believe it is a
: version 3.0 C K7SEM. I have heard that installing the wrong version of
: an AGP video card into a motherboard can damage the video card or thge
: motherboard. I believe this motherboard supports AGP 2. I believe the
: video card supports AGP 4/8.

: Does anybody have any experience in installing this card into a K7SEM?

: Also the Bios gives a person a choice to select either PCI or onboard
: AGP. Assuming I install it correctly how do I disable the onboard
: video adapter.

: Thanks

: Scott

Nike air force one, air force 1, air force one low cut, air force one mikajems Apple 0 10-05-2008 06:41 PM
My friend has a 5200 XT how much better is that XT inthe 5200 ? Avid Gamer Nvidia 2 10-02-2004 01:12 PM
ge force fx 5200 Trevor Nvidia 1 09-27-2004 08:47 PM
nvidia geforce 5200 FX help! (disabling onboard graphics acceleration for Matsonic MS8308EP motherboard?) Nate Hardware 2 12-10-2003 05:36 PM
FX 5200 or FX 5600 or ATI (was reply to FX 5200 or FX 5600) Rich Gordoberg Nvidia 4 08-29-2003 08:05 PM