Installing SATA drive KT880 Delta

bluestringer

I installed a SATA drive on this board, with 2 cd drives. The BIOS
recognizes the SATA, but when I try to install Windows on the SATA drive by
booting to one of the CDs it doesn't let me. I set the first boot device as
one of CD's, but when it boots it doesn't give me the "hit any key to boot
form cd" message, then goes straight to the blue Windows setup screen and
just sits there. Also when it does this, the floppy light stays on. Can
anyone help. Thanks.

bluestringer

Tamiami

bluestringer wrote:
> I installed a SATA drive on this board, with 2 cd drives. The BIOS
> recognizes the SATA, but when I try to install Windows on the SATA drive by
> booting to one of the CDs it doesn't let me. I set the first boot device as
> one of CD's, but when it boots it doesn't give me the "hit any key to boot
> form cd" message, then goes straight to the blue Windows setup screen and
> just sits there. Also when it does this, the floppy light stays on. Can
> anyone help. Thanks.
>

> bluestringer

Not that familiar with the KT880, but I had similar problems trying to
install an SATA on a K8T800Pro Neo-2. Setting the bios to SATA and
windows wouldn't detect it. By changing the setting from SATA to RAID
(even though it was not a RAID installation) did the trick. Apparently
a quirk in the K8T800/BIOS detect.

It may work for you.

Jim E

"bluestringer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z4DLh.23387$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed a SATA drive on this board, with 2 cd drives. The BIOS
> recognizes the SATA, but when I try to install Windows on the SATA drive
> by
> booting to one of the CDs it doesn't let me. I set the first boot device
> as
> one of CD's, but when it boots it doesn't give me the "hit any key to boot
> form cd" message, then goes straight to the blue Windows setup screen and
> just sits there. Also when it does this, the floppy light stays on. Can
> anyone help. Thanks.
>

> bluestringer

There will be a sata driver on your mortherboard cd for you to make a floppy
disc with sata drivers on it.

Hit F6 when windows setup asks if you want to load 3rd party drivers and
feed it your floppy!