Installing Tablet 2005 with SP2 already installed

Microsoft

I love this. I have an Acer C110 with XP Tablet installed on it. I already
installed SP2 on the machine and of course I am supposed to install this
instead of XP2. Where can I go to get the Tablet 2005 installation without
uninstalling SP2?
Thank you
Ted Locke

Chris H.

You can't Ted. The two come together. Perhaps there's a little confusion
here. If you downloaded and installed the Windows XP Service Pack 2, you
probably have already received the Tablet PC Edition 2005 with it. Try
right-clicking My Computer, then selecting Properties. On the General tab,
you should be seeing under System: "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2."
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Microsoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OgbgCvM%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I love this. I have an Acer C110 with XP Tablet installed on it. I
>already installed SP2 on the machine and of course I am supposed to install
>this instead of XP2. Where can I go to get the Tablet 2005 installation
>without uninstalling SP2?
> Thank you
> Ted Locke

Microsoft

Ah... You are correct, didn't look there...
I wonder if Microsoft could actually state this on there website.

Thank you
Ted Locke

"Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oq6up1M%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can't Ted. The two come together. Perhaps there's a little confusion
> here. If you downloaded and installed the Windows XP Service Pack 2, you
> probably have already received the Tablet PC Edition 2005 with it. Try
> right-clicking My Computer, then selecting Properties. On the General
> tab, you should be seeing under System: "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
> Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 2."
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Microsoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OgbgCvM%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I love this. I have an Acer C110 with XP Tablet installed on it. I
>>already installed SP2 on the machine and of course I am supposed to
>>install this instead of XP2. Where can I go to get the Tablet 2005
>>installation without uninstalling SP2?
>> Thank you
>> Ted Locke

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE

"Microsoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ud5FJCN%(E-Mail Removed)
> Ah... You are correct, didn't look there...
> I wonder if Microsoft could actually state this on there website.
>
> Thank you
> Ted Locke
>

> "Chris H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Oq6up1M%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You can't Ted. The two come together. Perhaps there's a little
>> confusion here. If you downloaded and installed the Windows XP
>> Service Pack 2, you probably have already received the Tablet PC
>> Edition 2005 with it. Try right-clicking My Computer, then
>> selecting Properties. On the General tab, you should be seeing
>> under System: "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Version
>> 2002 Service Pack 2." --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Microsoft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OgbgCvM%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I love this. I have an Acer C110 with XP Tablet installed on it. I
>>> already installed SP2 on the machine and of course I am supposed to
>>> install this instead of XP2. Where can I go to get the Tablet 2005
>>> installation without uninstalling SP2?
>>> Thank you
>>> Ted Locke

In OE, Help | Microsoft on the Web | Send Feedback

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Chris H.

Notifications are few and far between, but on related sites (like
Microsoft's Tablet PC information -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/t.../download.mspx) it does
say "The free Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 update comes with Windows XP
Service Pack 2 (SP2) and is available for new and existing Tablet PC users."
8-)

The truth be known, the Tablet PC Edition 2005 and the Media Center Edition
counterpart (supersets) are both included in SP2, but only install (1) when
the appropriate hardware is available and with (in this case) the Tablet PC
existing OEM product ID recognized.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC