installing win xp tablet without cdrom

George

Hello,
I recently bought a second hand tablet pc and i would like to re-install win
xp TE. However there is no cd rom. is there a way to do so with a usb stick?
could you help me? thanks, george

Beverly Howard

The only viable option is to see if you can obtain restore CD's from the
mfg. Tablet edition is not available to individuals.

Exactly what make/model/specs?

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Beverly Howard

>> no cd rom. <<

completely depends on the make model and it's ability to boot from
alternate devices... again, post specs and everything it does have.

>> is there a way to do so with a usb stick? <<

In addition to the above, the usb device must have the ability to
provide booting... while some memory sticks or usb card readers do, most
do not have this.

In the long term, it might be easier to remove the hard drive, put it in
a usb enclosure, then load the drive using another pc... you still have
a whole raft of requirements to diagnose and overcome based on the
little you have posted.

Beverly Howard

Steve Jain [MVP]

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:15:50 +0100, "George" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello,
>I recently bought a second hand tablet pc and i would like to re-install win
>xp TE. However there is no cd rom. is there a way to do so with a usb stick?
>could you help me? thanks, george

Maybe pick up a cheap USB CD/DVD drive? I've seen them online for
around $50-60.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP