Intel 5300 wifi card sucks

Ron Hardin

We have more trouble with laptops with Intel 5300
wireless cards than the Dell versions, by far.

I suspect a software bug, but it's often a chore
to get the thing working again and it's always
leaving the connecting host in FIN_WAIT_2 state.

Just a note to say choose the Dell 1397 or
whatever it is instead, if you have a choice.

I see google has them as N; we're using them on G.
Maybe that's related.
--
(E-Mail Removed)

Christopher Muto

On 2/2/2011 12:31 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
> We have more trouble with laptops with Intel 5300
> wireless cards than the Dell versions, by far.
>
> I suspect a software bug, but it's often a chore
> to get the thing working again and it's always
> leaving the connecting host in FIN_WAIT_2 state.
>
> Just a note to say choose the Dell 1397 or
> whatever it is instead, if you have a choice.
>
> I see google has them as N; we're using them on G.
> Maybe that's related.

are you using wep?
you will probably tear your hair out following all the suggestions about
driver updates, router firmware updates, power management adjustments in
the software, removing the intel network manager, etc and the problem
most likely has to do with using wep. try a different encryption if you
can, or if you must use wep try another card.