Intel Atom N270 EEEPC .. which version of linux should I install?

iheartmyeeepcnetbook

So I bought my eeepc here: http://www.netbookhub.com/servlet/th...sh-250G/Detail
and I think (?) that its a EPC1005HA Model (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Anyways I'm wondering whether the prescence of an Intel Atom processor
precludes the installation of any linux operating systems? I've heard
Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
my eeepc netbook?

Yousuf Khan

iheartmyeeepcnetbook wrote:
> So I bought my eeepc here: http://www.netbookhub.com/servlet/th...sh-250G/Detail
> and I think (?) that its a EPC1005HA Model (correct me if I'm wrong?)
>
> Anyways I'm wondering whether the prescence of an Intel Atom processor
> precludes the installation of any linux operating systems? I've heard
> Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
> liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
> my eeepc netbook?

Are you kidding? Linux was the first thing that was installed on the
netbooks. It's Windows that you'd be hard-pressed to get running on an
Atom-based netbook.

Yousuf Khan

Bill Davidsen

iheartmyeeepcnetbook wrote:
> So I bought my eeepc here: http://www.netbookhub.com/servlet/th...sh-250G/Detail
> and I think (?) that its a EPC1005HA Model (correct me if I'm wrong?)
>
> Anyways I'm wondering whether the prescence of an Intel Atom processor
> precludes the installation of any linux operating systems? I've heard
> Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
> liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
> my eeepc netbook?

Intel has their own version, Moblix, just for notebooks. Ubuntu has a netbook
spin, it may be a trifle limited for some users, there's a netbook spin of
Fedora, based on a sample size of one install it seemed to work pretty well on
an old Acer with slow Celeron but great display.

Sorry, two Fedora spines, eedora and feedora, no not the same thing and a typo,
I saw the feedora and it's not the same thing, was being used at a meeting but I
didn't get to ask many questions.

N135 N270 Zach Intel 1 02-24-2010 01:34 PM
Re: Definitely OT: My thoughts on the Intel Atom processor Ben Myers Dell 2 09-29-2008 03:20 AM
Re: Definitely OT: My thoughts on the Intel Atom processor me@privacy.net Dell 3 08-22-2008 10:19 PM
EEEPC Linux vs Windows skiforever Laptops 9 08-13-2008 12:37 AM
Can I use Intel CPUs for my new atom bomb? Ernest Nafkin Intel 5 04-20-2004 02:02 AM