Intel BLKDG33TLM hangs after video card install

Junior Member

Hello and well met,

When building a new htpc I had a similar error that was posted earlier on the forums about a 5A error on boot. I took their advice and unplugged my PCI cards. Which allowed me not only to access bios but boot off the onboard video and install windows.

Now that I have installed windows I want to install my video card. I Set the primary Video output to pcie in bios then turned the computer off (after saving) now every time I install the card the computer hangs at the Intel bios screen and it says 5A in the bottom corner again. Remove the card it boots.

*edit* forgot to add that cannot access bios when card is plugged in and The video is running through the card when plugged in.

Specs are

Intel BLKDG33TLM
Sapphire HD 2600 XT
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
2gb DDR2 800
Vista Ultimate

Last edited by Malvolio; 09-23-2007 at 10:53 PM..