Intel cuts cpu prices 50%?

Joe_Z

Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or whatever?
thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there prices and I just
can't stand it anymore, so what's the best bang/buck now? heh, I don't think
AMD can beat this price if it's desktop cpu's there talking about, thanks in
advance...Joe

A Digg.com search should find the artical if needed, Both cpu and mboard
combo info (Best Match) please and thanks again...

Joe_Z

Here's both links, are these a good route to take now or is there better,
once again, thanks...Joe

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13924_1-9924121-64.html

324 comments...
http://digg.com/tech_news/Intel_cuts..._by_50_percent

"Joe_Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or whatever?
> thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there prices and I just
> can't stand it anymore, so what's the best bang/buck now? heh, I don't
> think AMD can beat this price if it's desktop cpu's there talking about,
> thanks in advance...Joe
>
> A Digg.com search should find the artical if needed, Both cpu and mboard
> combo info (Best Match) please and thanks again...

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Phil Weldon" typed:
> 'Joe' wrote:
>> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or
>> whatever? thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there
>> prices and I just can't stand it anymore, so what's the best
>> bang/buck now? heh, I don't think AMD can beat this price if it's
>> desktop cpu's there talking about, thanks in advance...Joe

> _____
>
> You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp
>
> Phil Weldon

You might have to wait a while for them to clear 'old' stocks, it's now $266
from Intel.

These price drops are what I've been waiting for. Soon hopefully I'll be
able to replace my E4500 @ 3.2GHz (cores running at ambient + 2C while
idling, on air, Tt mini-Typh. Both cooler and CPU lapped) with a 45nm CPU.
I'm still unsure whether to get a 2 or a 4 core CPU, nothing I do currently
even remotely taxes my CPU. I just want to get a more powerful one while the
getting's good, to 'futureproof' my system as much as I can.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Joe_Z

"Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> 'Joe' wrote:
>> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or whatever?
>> thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there prices and I just
>> can't stand it anymore, so what's the best bang/buck now? heh, I don't
>> think AMD can beat this price if it's desktop cpu's there talking about,
>> thanks in advance...Joe

> _____
>
> You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp

Well, that's a little pricey right now but thanks for the zipzoomfly
link, newegg needs competition anyway...Joejoe

> Phil Weldon
>
> "Joe_Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or whatever?
>> thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there prices and I just
>> can't stand it anymore, so what's the best bang/buck now? heh, I don't
>> think AMD can beat this price if it's desktop cpu's there talking about,
>> thanks in advance...Joe
>>
>> A Digg.com search should find the artical if needed, Both cpu and mboard
>> combo info (Best Match) please and thanks again...

Joe_Z

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Phil Weldon" typed:
>> 'Joe' wrote:
>>> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or
>>> whatever? thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there
>>> prices and I just can't stand it anymore, so what's the best
>>> bang/buck now? heh, I don't think AMD can beat this price if it's
>>> desktop cpu's there talking about, thanks in advance...Joe

>> _____
>>
>> You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
>> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp
>>
>> Phil Weldon

> You might have to wait a while for them to clear 'old' stocks, it's now
> $266 from Intel.

thanks, this price looks closer to my finances, I'm sure Phil will have
a good match board/cpu set by the time price cuts are seen anyway...Joe

Intel price cuts Bill Dell 11 04-26-2007 05:12 AM
kg7-raid cuts on then cuts off jjacobs Abit 2 01-20-2004 03:40 AM
CPU cuts...cuts... and more cuts....? ZR Abit 7 10-05-2003 03:31 PM