Intel D845GVSRL Motherboard Will Not Boot

mattreidy@gmail.com

I have an Intel D845GVSRL motherboard that will not boot. The green
power light on the board come on, but that is it. I currently have the
bare board pulled from it's case with just the power supply and HDD
connected to it. I've tried another power supply thinking that may be
the issue but got the same result.

Can anyone tell me if I should need to jumper the front panel
connector on/off switch to get it to work (http://developer.intel.com/
design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm)? I've tried that too with no luck.

I've taken the RAM out to see if that might make a difference - no
beeps, nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this board
functional again?

Thanks!

mattreidy@gmail.com

On Feb 11, 1:04 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have an Intel D845GVSRL motherboard that will not boot. The green
> power light on the board come on, but that is it. I currently have the
> bare board pulled from it's case with just the power supply and HDD
> connected to it. I've tried another power supply thinking that may be
> the issue but got the same result.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I should need to jumper the front panel
> connector on/off switch to get it to work (http://developer.intel.com/
> design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm)? I've tried that too with no luck.
>
> I've taken the RAM out to see if that might make a difference - no
> beeps, nothing.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this board
> functional again?
>
> Thanks!

Does the CPU fan need to be connected and operational for the system
to boot and display the POST?

Bob Bailin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Feb 11, 1:04 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I have an Intel D845GVSRL motherboard that will not boot. The green
>> power light on the board come on, but that is it. I currently have the
>> bare board pulled from it's case with just the power supply and HDD
>> connected to it. I've tried another power supply thinking that may be
>> the issue but got the same result.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me if I should need to jumper the front panel
>> connector on/off switch to get it to work (http://developer.intel.com/
>> design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm)? I've tried that too with no luck.
>>
>> I've taken the RAM out to see if that might make a difference - no
>> beeps, nothing.
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this board
>> functional again?
>>
>> Thanks!

> Does the CPU fan need to be connected and operational for the system
> to boot and display the POST?

Yes. Without a fan, the CPU will quickly overheat and shut itself down.

All you need to get this motherboard working is a supported CPU,
supported memory, an adequate power supply and a working monitor.
Everything else, including the hard disk, should be unplugged. Make
sure the power supply has the correct connector (20- or 24-pin) to
the motherboard, and make sure the 4-pin power lead for the CPU
is plugged in.

The two pins for the power switch should only be momentarily
shorted to turn the system on or off. If you jumper it, the system will
turn on and then turn off about 10 seconds later.

If the system doesn't POST, power it down completely and remove
all the memory modules. When you power it up without memory,
you should get a beep error code within seconds, with no video
display. If you don't get a beep code, either the CPU or the
motherboard is defective.

If you do get a beep code, reinstall the minimum amount of
memory required and try again. Make sure you're using brands
and types that are supported by the motherboard.

Bob