INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard Memory Question

Robert Willis

I currently have a INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard with a INTEL 3.2GHz Processor.
I have a matched pair or Corsair TWIN1024R-3200C2PT operating in DDR mode.

The INTEL Control Panel software reports the following memory settings:

tRAS = 8
CL = 3.0
tRCD = 3
tRP =3

These are the initial settings detected by the BIOS. These seem like ultra
conservative and I would like to adjust them to get better performance and
still have a stable system.

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Robert Willis

Aloke Prasad

Don't the latest BIOSes allow to change the settings in a more aggressive
way (burn-in mode)?

I haven't messed with all this .. stability being the main reason I chose
Intel motherboards..
--
Aloke
----

"Robert Willis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xl2cc.4864$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I currently have a INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard with a INTEL 3.2GHz

Processor.
> I have a matched pair or Corsair TWIN1024R-3200C2PT operating in DDR mode.
>
> The INTEL Control Panel software reports the following memory settings:
>
> tRAS = 8
> CL = 3.0
> tRCD = 3
> tRP =3
>
> These are the initial settings detected by the BIOS. These seem like ultra
> conservative and I would like to adjust them to get better performance and
> still have a stable system.
>
> Any ideas ??
>

> Thanks
> Robert Willis

Robert Willis

I changed my setting to the ones recommended by Corsair and my system is
still stable. Now I off to solve the fan noise problem with the stock INTEL
cooler.

tRAS = 6
CL = 2.00
tRCD = 3
tRP =3

Regards
Robert Willis

"Aloke Prasad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:r9mcc.2161$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don't the latest BIOSes allow to change the settings in a more aggressive
> way (burn-in mode)?
>
> I haven't messed with all this .. stability being the main reason I chose
> Intel motherboards..
> --
> Aloke
> ----
> to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com
>
> "Robert Willis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xl2cc.4864$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > I currently have a INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard with a INTEL 3.2GHz

> Processor.
> > I have a matched pair or Corsair TWIN1024R-3200C2PT operating in DDR

mode.

> > The INTEL Control Panel software reports the following memory settings:
> >
> > tRAS = 8
> > CL = 3.0
> > tRCD = 3
> > tRP =3

David Ciemny

Please post your results Robert (fan noise). going through the same thing
here. Rewired mine to ensure good airflow and it is still very loud. Runs
fine but noisy.

DC
"Robert Willis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:G6pcc.5043$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I changed my setting to the ones recommended by Corsair and my system is
> still stable. Now I off to solve the fan noise problem with the stock

INTEL
> cooler.
>

> tRAS = 6
> CL = 2.00
> tRCD = 3
> tRP =3
>
> Regards
> Robert Willis
>

> "Aloke Prasad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:r9mcc.2161$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Don't the latest BIOSes allow to change the settings in a more

aggressive
> > way (burn-in mode)?
> >
> > I haven't messed with all this .. stability being the main reason I

chose
> > Intel motherboards..
> > --
> > Aloke
> > ----
> > to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com
> >
> > "Robert Willis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xl2cc.4864$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > > I currently have a INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard with a INTEL 3.2GHz

> > Processor.
> > > I have a matched pair or Corsair TWIN1024R-3200C2PT operating in DDR

> mode.
> > >
> > > The INTEL Control Panel software reports the following memory

settings:

> > > tRAS = 8
> > > CL = 3.0
> > > tRCD = 3
> > > tRP =3

Robert Willis

David:

I have mine mounted in a CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case and almost all of the
fan noise is coming from the stock INTEL cooler. Once the cooler goes above
2800 RPM it gets loud and annoying. I am going to try a different cooler and
am starting my research on which is the best one. I am currently leaning
toward one of the CoolerMaster "Cage" blowers as I have some customers that
have used these and indicate that they will quiet the system down.

On my case I have two 80mm Intake fans and a single 80mm Exhaust fan. All of
these fans have sleeve bearings but these are not the main cause of the
noise. I can use the Intel Control Panel in manual mode to turn these OFF
and the noise still remains. In addition the ASUS Graphics Adapter has two
small fans but these do not seem to be contributing that much to the noise.

I have eliminated the resonating noise that was caused by the Antec Power
Supply being mounted against one of the sides of the case. I repositioned
the power supply in the mounting bracket and eliminated that source. I was
unable to use any of the various vibration dampening material since the
tolerances of this case are so close. There is insufficient room to mount
the vibration material without removing some of the aluminum.

Regards
Robert Willis

"David Ciemny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:PhQcc.9160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please post your results Robert (fan noise). going through the same thing
> here. Rewired mine to ensure good airflow and it is still very loud. Runs
> fine but noisy.

David Ciemny

Robert..mine is definitely from the stock cooler. Once over the 2800 rpm
mark forget it. I am using the same case as you with identical fan set up.

Keep me informed of your progress )

Dave
"Robert Willis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:apVcc.5940$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> David:
>
> I have mine mounted in a CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case and almost all of

the
> fan noise is coming from the stock INTEL cooler. Once the cooler goes

above
> 2800 RPM it gets loud and annoying. I am going to try a different cooler

and
> am starting my research on which is the best one. I am currently leaning
> toward one of the CoolerMaster "Cage" blowers as I have some customers

that
> have used these and indicate that they will quiet the system down.
>
> On my case I have two 80mm Intake fans and a single 80mm Exhaust fan. All

of
> these fans have sleeve bearings but these are not the main cause of the
> noise. I can use the Intel Control Panel in manual mode to turn these OFF
> and the noise still remains. In addition the ASUS Graphics Adapter has

two
> small fans but these do not seem to be contributing that much to the

noise.

> I have eliminated the resonating noise that was caused by the Antec Power
> Supply being mounted against one of the sides of the case. I repositioned
> the power supply in the mounting bracket and eliminated that source. I was
> unable to use any of the various vibration dampening material since the
> tolerances of this case are so close. There is insufficient room to mount
> the vibration material without removing some of the aluminum.
>
> Regards
> Robert Willis
>

> "David Ciemny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:PhQcc.9160$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Please post your results Robert (fan noise). going through the same

thing
> > here. Rewired mine to ensure good airflow and it is still very loud.

Runs
> > fine but noisy.

Robert Willis

David:

Is the front intake "grill" on your case loose ??? What I am calling
the"grill" is the metal piece with the CoolerMaster Logo on it....

I was ready to disassemble the entire case to get at the mounting screws,
but decided to call CoolerMaster to advise them of the problem first. It
seems that the bottom section is hinged also. You need to remove the Allen
head screw in the top of this section. Open the top door and look down on
the left side. After you remove this there is one Phillips head screw on the
bottom of the case that needs to be removed. After that the door should
swing open to expose the two 80mm inlet fans and the retaining screws for
the grill.

I will keep you advised of my quest for a quiter fan ......

That is my weekend project.

Regards
Robert Willis

h2so4

Zalman CPNS7000cu or alcu. Probably the best noise to efficiency heatsink
available. I run mine in "silent mode" and to my ears it is just that. I
also have a Coolermaster case, the Black Widow model. The noisiest element
in my case is the top extractor fan but this is tolerable if turned down to
half revs.

Just a thought.

David Ciemny

No my grill is not loose. Look forward to what results you get Robert.

Dave
news:7U3dc.5973$(E-Mail Removed) m...