Intel D945GNT and 5A POST code

Junior Member

Hi,

After updating the BIOS to the latest release, the boot process of a new build system suffered from long delay around (2 mins:18 sec) where it hangs up at POST code 5A (= Resetting PATA/SATA bus and all devices).

When I disconnected the PATA DVD-ROM (Pioneer 112BK), the system booted up in less than 5 secs. Intel has addressed this problem in previous BIOS releases, but I do not think the compatibility problem was fully resolved.

I am searching for DVD Writer that is fully compatible with the motherboard D945GNT and can work under Linux.

Is there any recommendation for a certain make?

Many thanks