Intel makes arguing and getting into disputes easier

Yousuf Khan

I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
counterclaims.

Here's where to find the add-in:

Here's the article describing the add-in:
"Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
Finder.

Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.

The description page of this add-on claims:

The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.

They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."
http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder

Intel Guy

Yousuf Khan wrote:

> The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims
> on web pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative
> points of view.

Was that something they posted on their web site on April 1, and just
haven't taken down yet?

Yousuf Khan

Intel Guy wrote:
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
>
>> The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims
>> on web pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative
>> points of view.

> Was that something they posted on their web site on April 1, and just
> haven't taken down yet?

I don't know, it does sound like an April Fools joke, but this add-in
actually does work.

Yousuf Khan

Robert Myers

On Jun 20, 2:59*pm, Yousuf Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
> new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
> you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
> counterclaims.
>
> Here's where to find the add-in:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11712
>
> Here's the article describing the add-in:
> "Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
> Finder.
>
> Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.
>
> The description page of this add-on claims:
>
> The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
> pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.
>
> They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
> claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder

Slow news day? Intel supports research at Berkeley, of which
disputefinder is just one product

http://disputefinder.cs.berkeley.edu/

This doesn't seem to be anything more than another attempt at social
software. I don't think it has anything to do with Intel, except that
Intel gets to have its logo plastered on whatever the research it
funds produces.

Aggressive and generous support of academic research is one of the
reasons I admire Intel. If you read the professional literature,
rather than Usenet, you'll get a better idea of how pervasive that
support is.

Robert.

zzbunker@netscape.net

On Jun 20, 2:59*pm, Yousuf Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
> new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
> you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
> counterclaims.

Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
electricty, electronics,
and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
USB, XML, GPS,
External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
Software Debuggers,
Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
Printers,
Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
Wristwatches,
UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
Line Shopping,
Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
Post GM Crankism,
rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
goes,
in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

> Here's where to find the add-in:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11712
>
> Here's the article describing the add-in:
> "Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
> Finder.
>
> Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.
>
> The description page of this add-on claims:
>
> The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
> pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.
>
> They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
> claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder

krw

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Jun 20, 2:59*pm, Yousuf Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
>> new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
>> you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
>> counterclaims.

> Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
>electricty, electronics,
> and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
>USB, XML, GPS,
> External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
>Software Debuggers,
> Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
>Printers,
> Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
> Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
> Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
>Wristwatches,
> UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
>Line Shopping,
> Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
>Post GM Crankism,
> rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
>goes,
> in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone even
parse it?

Yousuf Khan

krw wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), "(E-Mail Removed)"
>> Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
>> electricty, electronics,
>> and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
>> USB, XML, GPS,
>> External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
>> Software Debuggers,
>> Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
>> Printers,
>> Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
>> Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
>> Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
>> Wristwatches,
>> UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
>> Line Shopping,
>> Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
>> Post GM Crankism,
>> rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
>> goes,
>> in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

> Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone even
> parse it?

Maybe we can dispute it? :-)

Yousuf Khan

BradGuth

On Jun 21, 8:54*am, Yousuf Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> krw wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), "(E-Mail Removed)"
> >> *Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
> >> electricty, electronics,
> >> *and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
> >> USB, XML, GPS,
> >> *External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
> >> Software Debuggers,
> >> *Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
> >> Printers,
> >> *Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
> >> *Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
> >> *Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
> >> Wristwatches,
> >> *UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, *On-
> >> Line Shopping,
> >> *Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
> >> Post GM Crankism,
> >> *rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
> >> goes,
> >> *in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

> > Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? *Can anyone even
> > parse it?

> Maybe we can dispute it? :-)
>
> * * * * Yousuf Khan

Now we're talking serious turkey. Let the folks most at risk dispute
everything that rocks any mainstream boat, and otherwise regardless of
objective evidence forbid revision of any publish public record, so as
to keep the public and our media as systematically snookered and
dumbfounded past the point of no return. Isn't that what those
mainstream brown-nosed clowns and minions of the dark side do best?

I've even got my very own personal Jewish shadow, with no apparent
policing by those of any faith-based kind in sight.

~ BG

Intel Guy

krw wrote:

> Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone
> even parse it?

Did you have to full-quote it?

krw

Yes, if for no other reason than to **** you off.