Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

intel pascal80 manual/hints

 
 
delo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.

bye
delo


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bill Davidsen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2005, 07:47 PM
delo wrote:
> Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
> I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
> Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.
>

Is ISIS still around?!!! I last heard of it about 1990 or so ;-) I
thought it went the way of CP/M and the PL/m compiler.

Yes, I did use that compiler, I was teaching Pascal in those days, and
the students with no access to the mainframe (with less power than my
video card) used the ISIS machine in the lab.

Don't expect me to provide any details and usage tips these days.

--
bill davidsen
SBC/Prodigy Yorktown Heights NY data center
http://newsgroups.news.prodigy.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Mabry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-21-2005, 11:34 PM


delo wrote:
> Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
> I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
> Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.
>
> bye
> delo


Maybe I can help. What emulated ISIS are you talking about? Intel
released one that ran in the MS-DOS environment.

I don't know the pascal80 compiler specifically, but I have a manual
somewhere. In general Intel's compilers often used the drive :f1: for
temporary files. :f0: is the boot diskette drive, :f1: is the next in
the chain, on up to :f9: potentially. In the DOS emulator for ISIS you
needed to set environment variables before entering the emulator.

set :f0:=c:\isis <-- for example
set :f1:=c:\isis\temp <-- you might need this one for that compiler to
know where to put temporary files

What specific problems are you having?

Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
delo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2005, 09:17 AM
The pascal80 was downloaded from intel site and is the
PASCAL - 80 COMPILER V 2.1

I made the sets, when try to run pascal thi message appear:
ERROR - Invalid load address

(i use a isis emulator for plm80 in '90 years and it works fine)
now I use a winxp pro box, i must try on an old plan dos 6.x box...

You have a manual of PASCAL 80?
This type of compiler made a selfcontaind (rommable) executable?
My interest is for rommming on a micro system a pascal program.

TIA
bye
delo


"Dave Mabry" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> delo wrote:
>> Does anyone use/used such compiler for intel isis os?
>> I trying to use it on an emulated isis on pc but doesn't work...
>> Will be great have a manual of it, but a useful hint will welcomed.
>>
>> bye
>> delo

>
> Maybe I can help. What emulated ISIS are you talking about? Intel
> released one that ran in the MS-DOS environment.
>
> I don't know the pascal80 compiler specifically, but I have a manual
> somewhere. In general Intel's compilers often used the drive :f1: for
> temporary files. :f0: is the boot diskette drive, :f1: is the next in the
> chain, on up to :f9: potentially. In the DOS emulator for ISIS you needed
> to set environment variables before entering the emulator.
>
> set :f0:=c:\isis <-- for example
> set :f1:=c:\isis\temp <-- you might need this one for that compiler to
> know where to put temporary files
>
> What specific problems are you having?
>
> Dave



 
Reply With Quote
 
Scott Moore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005, 12:08 AM
delo wrote On 11/23/05 01:17,:
> The pascal80 was downloaded from intel site and is the
> PASCAL - 80 COMPILER V 2.1
>
> I made the sets, when try to run pascal thi message appear:
> ERROR - Invalid load address
>
> (i use a isis emulator for plm80 in '90 years and it works fine)
> now I use a winxp pro box, i must try on an old plan dos 6.x box...
>
> You have a manual of PASCAL 80?
> This type of compiler made a selfcontaind (rommable) executable?
> My interest is for rommming on a micro system a pascal program.
>
> TIA
> bye
> delo


Why not just move your Pascal program to a modern compiler ? There are
plenty to choose from, including free.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nvidia introduces nForce4 SLI X16 for AMD and Intel - Dell is first user of Intel version ! John Lewis Asus 6 08-10-2005 07:58 PM
Need good router: ordered Ispiron 6000 w/ "Intel Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)" Thomas G. Marshall Dell 8 06-25-2005 01:52 PM
P4C800-E Intel® 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Driver from Intel Jeff F. Asus 2 06-19-2004 08:04 PM
About Intel Celeron, Intel Centrino, Intel Pentium Mobile and Intel Pentium Chusqui22 Intel 6 01-06-2004 11:24 PM
6 or 1/2 one dozen? intel vs intel lucky Asus 11 12-24-2003 08:48 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment