Internet Explorer 5.2.3 for Mac

Alex

My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
10.2.8. Any ideas?

Leo Dekeo

Alex wrote:
> My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
> 10.2.8. Any ideas?

A browser that's up-to-date?

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (Alex) wrote:

> My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
> 10.2.8. Any ideas?

Safari. Or any other browser released during the last three years. IE is
an ancient POS, toss it.

..lauri

Jonny Stephens

Alex <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
> 10.2.8. Any ideas?

Quite normal behaviour for Explorer.

IE is no longer being developed for Mac OS, so it's worth considering
switching to a browser that is.

If you choose to continue with IE, deleting cookies and/or emptying the
cache might help.
--
Jonny

(replace invalid with co dot uk)

Tony Soprano

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (Alex) wrote:

> My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
> 10.2.8. Any ideas?

Switch to Safari? Sorry to be flippant, but IE is a piece of ****. There
are many better browsers out there. If Safari isn't your cup of tea, try
Firefox or OmniWeb.

George Williams

Alex wrote:

> My internet explorer keeps crashing at least once a session? I am on
> 10.2.8. Any ideas?

Update all plug-ins. But there's no need to use Explorer anymore.

Susan Kayser

I go along with most of the previous replies--use Safari. But don't toss
IE. Some pages work in IE but not in Safari. For example, if you are a
NetZero user, it works by opening an IE or Netscape page, but will not
open Safari.

By the way--have you tried deleting the preference file for IE, to keep
it from crashing quite so often?

Susan K

--
Dr. Susan Kayser SDSS at FermiLab

George Berger

> A browser that's up-to-date?

Try Firefox.

clw

In article <cl6ekd$87n$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Susan Kayser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I go along with most of the previous replies--use Safari. But don't toss
> IE. Some pages work in IE but not in Safari. For example, if you are a
> NetZero user, it works by opening an IE or Netscape page, but will not
> open Safari.
>
> By the way--have you tried deleting the preference file for IE, to keep
> it from crashing quite so often?

If you try that be sure to move or copy your "favorites" first. they
are in the IE prefs file and could be lost.

amolk

clw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <cl6ekd$87n$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Susan Kayser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I go along with most of the previous replies--use Safari. But don't toss
> > IE. Some pages work in IE but not in Safari. For example, if you are a
> > NetZero user, it works by opening an IE or Netscape page, but will not
> > open Safari.
> >
> > By the way--have you tried deleting the preference file for IE, to keep
> > it from crashing quite so often?

> If you try that be sure to move or copy your "favorites" first. they
> are in the IE prefs file and could be lost.

I agree that some web pages dont work well with Safari, but you might
wanna know that most such pages worked fine with Firefox. I think
Mozilla/ firefox is the best browser. They support almost everything
and they are open source standard tools. IE on Mac is crap. Most of
the time it takes hell lot of time to open even Hotmail (on my brand
new iBook) when the same opens in firefox or mozilla in seconds.
Consider Switching. Firefox has a lot more features than IE anyways.