IP35 Pro - Graphics card physical compatibility?

Conrad

Hi

I have just acquired an Abit IP35 PRO and looking at the PCI Express slot
there is not a lot of clearance between it and the nearest m/b components.

Can someone with this board suggest a mid range graphics which fits OK as I
can't find any compatibility charts for this?

I usually fit a Zalman VGA cooler to my graphics cards for quietness but I
guess this is a non starter so any info on quiet(ish) cards or even passive
cooled would be appreciated.
I don't overclock or play games that would require high end cards.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Conrad

Folk

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:29:53 +0100, "Conrad" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have just acquired an Abit IP35 PRO and looking at the PCI Express slot
>there is not a lot of clearance between it and the nearest m/b components.
>
>Can someone with this board suggest a mid range graphics which fits OK as I
>can't find any compatibility charts for this?
>
>I usually fit a Zalman VGA cooler to my graphics cards for quietness but I
>guess this is a non starter so any info on quiet(ish) cards or even passive
>cooled would be appreciated.
>I don't overclock or play games that would require high end cards.
>
>Thanks in advance for any info.
>
>Conrad

I have the IP35 Pro and run an 8800 GTX in it which is a pretty massive
two slot card and have no problems. I *did* have to dremel the case a
bit, but no problem with the mobo. You can see pictures of the 8800 GTX
here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130072

Who has experience with the IP35 Pro? Erich Seidenschmiedt Abit 11 11-01-2007 05:23 PM
IP35 Pro and MSI Video Card? StockDrover@gmail.com Abit 0 10-07-2007 08:44 PM
ABIT IP35 Pro - disc boot sector is to be modified - warning msg ? august Abit 1 08-30-2007 10:11 PM
ABIT IP35 PRO + heat & power Jeff Abit 2 08-23-2007 02:11 PM
ASIC Physical Synthesis, Physical Compilation requirement in India, Bangalore abdul Hardware 0 12-14-2003 11:48 AM