iPod nano/shuffle capability?

Houston CAPCOM

What happens if I have more songs in my iTunes library than the iPod
nano has room for? Can I create a shuffle playlist like I've read the
iPod shuffle does? Or would the nano just load songs alphabetically
until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

These things look damn cool and I want to buy one but I am curious
about the storage/shuffle capabilities.

Michelle Steiner

In article <2005090720305316807%capcom@unixsite>,
Houston CAPCOM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What happens if I have more songs in my iTunes library than the iPod
> nano has room for? Can I create a shuffle playlist like I've read the
> iPod shuffle does? Or would the nano just load songs alphabetically
> until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
capability. However, iTunes can randomize tracks, and you can then
download that randomized group of tracks to the iPod. However, once you
do, the tracks will always play back in the order they were downloaded,
so if you want a different order, you would have to re-randomize them on
the computer and re-download them again.

Kyle Jones

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Houston CAPCOM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > What happens if I have more songs in my iTunes library than the iPod
> > nano has room for? Can I create a shuffle playlist like I've read the
> > iPod shuffle does? Or would the nano just load songs alphabetically
> > until its full? Or would it randomize on its own?

> The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
> capability. However, iTunes can randomize tracks, and you can then
> download that randomized group of tracks to the iPod. However, once you
> do, the tracks will always play back in the order they were downloaded,
> so if you want a different order, you would have to re-randomize them on
> the computer and re-download them again.

Does the Nano have equalization? Lack of it was the main thing
that put me off getting a Shuffle to use for outdoor exercise.
Without EQ, bass is nearly impossible to hear amid the rumble of
the city.

Garner Miller

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Kyle Jones
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does the Nano have equalization?

Yes, it does. It's a full-featured iPod. Just very, very small.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/features.html

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

D P Schreber

On 2005-09-09, Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The iPod Nano does not randomize tracks; only the iPod Shuffle has that
> capability.

The Mini has a 'shuffle songs' mode that sure sounds like randomization
to me. I haven't seen a nano yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't
have the same feature.

Michelle Steiner

In article <BF477C6F.27F5F%(E-Mail Removed)>,
George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Again Michelle/Michael has provided useless information to the group
> while shoving his/her political agenda down our throats.

And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that matter, what have
you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than bluster and flame?

And only a right wingnut Bushbot like you would consider a .sig to be
"shoving political agenda down our throats." I'm sure that hundreds of
thousands of people who used to live in New Orleans appreciate Bush's
total **** up in response to Katrina.

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) (Kyle Jones) wrote:

> Does the Nano have equalization? Lack of it was the main thing that
> put me off getting a Shuffle to use for outdoor exercise. Without EQ,
> bass is nearly impossible to hear amid the rumble of the city.

I don't know. I find the Shuffle to be perfect for my outdoor
exercising, but then again, I don't have much city rumble out here.

I got a headset that goes in the ear, rather than just an ear bud; that
might make a difference. Apple sells one for $39; that's what I got.

-- Michelle

Michelle Steiner

In article <090920052317306252%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone .ca>,
Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:

> Speaking of sigs...
>
> Pink or grey, Michelle?

Mauve.

Michelle Steiner

In article <BF48596F.27FA4%(E-Mail Removed)>,
George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Again Michelle/Michael has provided useless information to the group
> >> while shoving his/her political agenda down our throats.

> > And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that matter, what have
> > you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than bluster and flame?
> >

> And you offering advice without checking the facts is a positive
> contribution? Right!

I ask again, "And of course you're never wrong, Georgette? For that
matter, what have you ever contributed to this newsgroup other than
bluster and flame?"

> > And only a right wingnut Bushbot like you would consider a .sig to be
> > "shoving political agenda down our throats." I'm sure that hundreds of
> > thousands of people who used to live in New Orleans appreciate Bush's
> > total **** up in response to Katrina.

> Again, you are blabbering about something of which you don't know crap, just
> political heresy based upon your "feminine" emotions and leftist "logic":
> http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/expo...rk/090805.html

Oh, gee, a correspondent for the National Review, which, just like Fox
News and the Washington Times, is part of the Bush administration's PR
effort.

Maybe if you stopped thinking with your dick, and started using logic
instead of regurgitating right-wing dogma, you would be able to do
and/or say things that are useful and helpful.

Michelle Steiner

In article <100920050028262673%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone .ca>,
Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:

> > Mauve.

> Didn't read it, didja?

Yeah, I read it. Mauve is a mixture of red and grey, and that's what I
am. (Well, actually, Mauve is a shade of purple and grey, but I don't
know a name for shades of red and grey, so I took some poetic license,
so to speak.)

Free iPod or iPod mini Ben Laptops 2 05-13-2005 03:08 AM
Free iPod or iPod MINI Ben Laptops 0 01-16-2005 03:10 AM
**Free** iPod or iPod mini..... Ben Laptops 1 01-16-2005 03:06 AM