IS7-G question on hard drive

Iced Tea

Can the IS7-G motherboard support SATA 3.0Gb hard drives? I need to replace
my C drive which is a SATA 1.5Gb and I find very few that aren't pricey.
There are alot of SATA 3.0Gb ones available but I am not sure if they would
be compatible?

Thanks,
Carl

abit.user

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:48:17 -0500 'Iced Tea'
wrote this on alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit:

>Can the IS7-G motherboard support SATA 3.0Gb hard drives? I need to replace
>my C drive which is a SATA 1.5Gb and I find very few that aren't pricey.
>There are alot of SATA 3.0Gb ones available but I am not sure if they would
>be compatible?
>
>Thanks,
>Carl

Yes and No...
The IS7 range will run SATA II drives but at SATA I level.
No problems with compatibility.

I have a SATA II HDD installed on my IS7 mobo and it works
fine, but as a SATA I.

Eeyore

Iced Tea wrote:

> Can the IS7-G motherboard support SATA 3.0Gb hard drives? I need to replace
> my C drive which is a SATA 1.5Gb and I find very few that aren't pricey.
> There are alot of SATA 3.0Gb ones available but I am not sure if they would
> be compatible?

I never knew that SATA drives existed that were that small.

Graham