IS7 RAID install problem

Lance

I just added 2 new SATA drives on my IS7. Enabled SATA mode and setup the
drives in RAID 0.
When I installed WinXP, I pressed F6 to install the drivers and did so when
prompted.
Then after I selected the partition to install WinXP, it says it's going to
start copying files, right away I get an error copying iaStor.sys. I hit
enter a few times to retry and nothing so I hit ESC to skip, then I get
another of the iaStor(.inf or .cat) files can't be copied so I skip again
with the third iaStor file and get an error. After skipping those files,
the rest of XP installs but I end up with a blue screen and an error(forgot
what it said, it was half a page long) and it reboots continuously.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Richard Hopkins

"Lance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
>I just added 2 new SATA drives on my IS7. Enabled SATA mode and setup the
>drives in RAID 0.

You set the SATA controller in the BIOS to RAID mode, and enabled the SATA
RAID ROM?
(make sure it's not set on Auto here).

> When I installed WinXP, I pressed F6 to install the drivers and did
> so when prompted.
> Then after I selected the partition to install WinXP, it says it's going
> to start copying files, right away I get an error copying iaStor.sys.

Silly question, but you did still have the driver floppy disk in your drive,
right?

If you did, it implies that either the driver floppy is defective, or (less
likely) your floppy disk drive isn't reading properly.

> After skipping those files, the rest of XP installs but I end up with a
> blue screen and an error
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, the Intel SATA RAID driver isn't installing properly, which explains
why the system bluescreens the moment it tries to start using the driver.

You can download the driver floppy creation utility from either Abit or
Intel. Make a new disk with it, and see if that solves the problem. If that
doesn't work, you need to try another floppy disk drive.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

- HAL9000

I used to have a floppy drive that would, for the most part, only read
files properly on a floppy that it had formatted.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:51:07 -0000, "Richard Hopkins"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

< snip >
>Silly question, but you did still have the driver floppy disk in your drive,
>right?
>
>If you did, it implies that either the driver floppy is defective, or (less
>likely) your floppy disk drive isn't reading properly.

< snip >

Dave

Ah, yes, the old head alignment problems! Love 'em don't ya! Luckily
floppies aren't used much any more. Those were the days (that I don't
miss)...

Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...