IT7 and Media XP Pro in server case, cables don't reach

mike focke

I have an IT7 in a Chenbro RM-511 6U rackmount server style case. The
Media XP Pro mounts in the front of the case but is so far from the
motherboard that only one of the cables supplied with the Media XP Pro
kit are long enough to reach. Most cables are 4-8" too short.

Anyone know of a source for pre-fabricated longer cables for this
combination?

FatHippy

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> , mike focke
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>I have an IT7 in a Chenbro RM-511 6U rackmount server style case. The
>Media XP Pro mounts in the front of the case but is so far from the
>motherboard that only one of the cables supplied with the Media XP Pro
>kit are long enough to reach. Most cables are 4-8" too short.
>
>Anyone know of a source for pre-fabricated longer cables for this
>combination?

Which country are you in ?
--
FatHippy
'Poking death in the face with a big stick and then running away'

VI1423

I had the same problem with my case. I cut the wires and extended them. It was
very tricky, lots of shielded grounds, and a lot of solder.