iTunes track join

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG

I wanted to import Stravinsky's Firebird Suite as one complete track.
I loaded the CD and selected Introduction through Finale. However,
when I go to Advanced, the Join CD Tracks is grayed out? What gives?
Itunes 8.0.2. Is this update broken?

Gregory Weston

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> I wanted to import Stravinsky's Firebird Suite as one complete track.
> I loaded the CD and selected Introduction through Finale. However,
> when I go to Advanced, the Join CD Tracks is grayed out? What gives?
> Itunes 8.0.2. Is this update broken?

Seems to work fine here. iTunes 8.0.2 (20) on a G5 running 10.5.6.

No offense, but you *are* looking at the CD, right? Not at tracks that
have already been imported? I know this is right up there with asking a
user if their monitor is turned on, but given that I've actually *seen*
people call tech support because their monitor was powered off ....

"Harry?" Ron's voice was a mere whisper. "Do you smell something ... burning?"
- Harry Potter and the Odor of the Phoenix

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Gregory Weston <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>
>> I wanted to import Stravinsky's Firebird Suite as one complete track.
>> I loaded the CD and selected Introduction through Finale. However,
>> when I go to Advanced, the Join CD Tracks is grayed out? What gives?
>> Itunes 8.0.2. Is this update broken?

>Seems to work fine here. iTunes 8.0.2 (20) on a G5 running 10.5.6.
>
>No offense, but you *are* looking at the CD, right? Not at tracks that
>have already been imported? I know this is right up there with asking a
>user if their monitor is turned on, but given that I've actually *seen*
>people call tech support because their monitor was powered off ....

The track number column needed to active to get the Join to show. Even
though the tracks were in the proper order, it seems to want the number
column active. I'd done this myriad times before; I'm guessing that the
track column was active.

Anyway, the Firebird Suite is joined and about to play on the internet
radio station.