IXTREME 9507 - FSP300-60NPA(PF)

RobP

Hi,

The PSU in my PB IXTREME 9507 is causing me problems and I'm wanting to
replace it.
It's a FSP300-60NPA(PF) PSU, which I gather from a bit of Googling is a
tricky one to get hold of now.

Can anyone tell me an equivalent PSU I could get instead?

The specs on the PB website say it is an ATX Minitower. Does that mean I
should just look for any Minitower ATX 300w PSU?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've never done anything like this before!

Cheers

Rob

Ben Myers

One of the long-standing drawbacks of PB systems is the lack of or the
difficulty of finding technical info about the computers. I could only find a
photo of the chassis on a retail web site. It looks like a microATX or
mid-sized ATX tower.

If the system is a Pentium 4 or a later Athlon, you need an ATX-12v power supply
with an ATX connector and an additional 12v connector required by the newer
CPUs.

A standard ATX-12v power supply measures approx 5 3/4" x 3 1/4" at the back.
The depth is about 5 1/2". A variation of this form factor, often found in
cheesy HP Pavilion systems is only around 4" deep to fit in a cramped chassis.

If the power supply dimensions at the back are anything less, you need to match
up the dimensions EXACTLY. That is the bad news. The good news is that
companies like HiPro, Astec, Sparkle, and Bestec make all sorts of power
supplies... Ben Myers

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:40:50 -0000, "RobP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The PSU in my PB IXTREME 9507 is causing me problems and I'm wanting to
>replace it.
>It's a FSP300-60NPA(PF) PSU, which I gather from a bit of Googling is a
>tricky one to get hold of now.
>
>Can anyone tell me an equivalent PSU I could get instead?
>
>The specs on the PB website say it is an ATX Minitower. Does that mean I
>should just look for any Minitower ATX 300w PSU?
>
>Thanks in advance for any advice. I've never done anything like this before!
>
>Cheers
>
>Rob

PACKARD BELL IXTREME I5625UK Al Packard Bell 0 02-23-2012 05:20 PM
Ixtreme 9200 AJ Packard Bell 0 12-12-2006 07:02 PM
additional RAM for ixtreme 9605 the-pessimist Packard Bell 0 12-12-2006 01:30 PM
iXtreme 5860 doc Packard Bell 0 10-14-2006 08:07 PM
HELP - iXtreme AJ Packard Bell 0 01-28-2005 04:29 PM