Japanese UI in Tablet OS

Joe Labadessa

Does anyone know if the Japanese User Interface is
available for Tablet version of OS??

We are using Windows XP Multilingual OS on desktops and
need to know if this will run on tablet. This allows us
to setup the User Interface based on user account; English
for Administrator account & Japanese for user accounts.
This helps us to support users without interpreters.

Is this available on Tablet OS? Thank you.

Chris H.

Yes, Japanese is one of the original languages supported on a Tablet PC.
You cannot install the regular Windows XP operating system on a Tablet,
however, and have the full functionality of the machine. The Windows XP
Tablet PC Edition is a superset of Windows XP Pro, and contains all the
additional software which enables such things as digital inking, rotating
the display, etc. I would contact the various manufacturers prior to your
purchase, and they can guide you to the correct setup.

You may also want to take a look at the information here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/t...on/default.asp and
especially the links for the Multilingual User Interface and Recognizer Pack
(MUIRP) which is now available.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

news:01c001c398d1$f1691b50$(E-Mail Removed)...