Java update 2012-3 now available.

Michelle Steiner

This Java security update removes the most common variants of the Flashback
malware.

This update also configures the Java web plug-in to disable the automatic
execution of Java applets. Users may re-enable automatic execution of Java
applets using the Java Preferences application. If the Java web plug-in
detects that no applets have been run for an extended period of time it
will again disable Java applets.

This update is recommended for all Mac users with Java installed.

For details about this update see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

Michael Vilain

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This Java security update removes the most common variants of the Flashback
> malware.
>
> This update also configures the Java web plug-in to disable the automatic
> execution of Java applets. Users may re-enable automatic execution of Java
> applets using the Java Preferences application. If the Java web plug-in
> detects that no applets have been run for an extended period of time it
> will again disable Java applets.
>
> This update is recommended for all Mac users with Java installed.
>
> For details about this update see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

Users running 10.5 can do some of this from the Java Preferences.

Unless Apple comes up with a 10.4 Java security update, 10.4 and earlier
users will have to just disable Java from Safari's preferences and be
satisfied with that.

But we all know this. Ant may have some 10.4 users, but that's his
problem, not Apple's. That's why they're paying him--to fix these
problems for them.

How do I get my Java 1.5 installation to appear in Java Preferences? Dave A Apple 2 07-14-2012 06:35 AM
Java problem, is school blocking Java for Macs? Paul Reading Apple 5 01-18-2006 03:48 PM
New software update to fix Java problem Ilgaz Apple 0 04-22-2005 07:35 AM
Java 1.4.1 Update pulled Preston Apple 1 11-05-2003 12:18 AM
Is Java 1.4.1 Update included in OSX 10.2.8? Keeper of the Purple Twilight Apple 2 10-12-2003 09:04 AM