Jumping the gun folks

john dobbs

The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
really runs the next gen games.

DaveL

Sure you say that now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were before the
HL2 benchies came out?

Dave

"john dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
> today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
> card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
> first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
> dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
> before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
> really runs the next gen games.

Trapper

Sitting on my wallet like you should have been

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure you say that now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were before the
> HL2 benchies came out?
>
> Dave
>

> "john dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
> > today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
> > card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
> > first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
> > dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
> > before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
> > really runs the next gen games.

Too_Much_Coffee

"john dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
> today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
> card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
> first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
> dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
> before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
> really runs the next gen games.

I have a Ti4200 and I'll bet it plays HL2 just fine. When either the FX6000
or 9900 Pro drop below $150US, I'll consider buying one of them.

TMC

k y l e

:-))

"Trapper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Sitting on my wallet like you should have been
>
> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sure you say that now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Where were before

the
> > HL2 benchies came out?
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > "john dobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
> > > today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
> > > card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the
> > > first real DX9 that appears on the scene runs dogslow on the 400
> > > dollar 5xxx cards. Next time guys wait till the software appears
> > > before buying the hardware. Those who waited now get to see which card
> > > really runs the next gen games.

tq96

> The nvidia 4xxx series cards were fine cards for the current games of
> today I still do not understand the mentality of purchasing a 5xxx
> card to replace a 4600 etc.. when there are no DX9 games, and now the

That's true. However, the guys upgrading from a GF2 or GF3 are in a
different boat. I held onto a TNT2 Ultra before upgrading to a GF4 last
year. There's no way I would have wanted to wait any longer.

Derek Wildstar

"Trapper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Sitting on my wallet like you should have been

And reading the reviews.